    programs (azureus), and flash will not work, no matter how many times
    i reinstall. i am the admin on this computer so i dont get whats going
    on. can you help?

    iiiz, Jul 30, 2007

  2. iiiz

    Pennywise Guest

    You downloaded a .torrent file right, That's a tracker,
    Did you download the program with the tracker?

    zip, rar, have no association with the torrent program azureus.

    Pennywise, Jul 30, 2007

  3. iiiz

    iiiz Guest

    i think you might have read wrong, friend.

    iiiz, Jul 30, 2007
  4. iiiz

    Pennywise Guest

    I thought so as well and have been searching :)

    An MPV at alt.os.windows-xp has a file you can run to fix this (loss
    of file associations) but I can't find it.

    Try http://dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/ and download xp_fileassoc.zip I
    take it you have another OS to unzip the file, If not I can paste the
    ..bat file is only 300 lines.

    Pennywise, Jul 30, 2007
  5. iiiz

    iiiz Guest

    ok, that fixed the rar, zip and 7z files, but not the torrent. and i
    still cant download flash for internet explorer. thanks for your help
    so far!

    iiiz, Jul 30, 2007
  6. iiiz

    RainKingKC Guest

    I'm assuming your using XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

    RainKingKC, Jul 30, 2007
  7. iiiz

    Pennywise Guest

    Try:
    Start | Run <type in>
    CMD /K ASSOC .TORRENT =
    <enter>
    Exit to exit

    That will clear the .torrent association, the next time you are asked
    what to use, point it to your torrent program.

    But it reads like you having problems with IE, Try a different browser
    or repair Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

    Pennywise, Jul 30, 2007