    supplied unless it is requested. The question, what need would I ever have
    for a parallel port. I am a home user with only a printer, scanner, and a
    few other things using a UBS port.

    Dave C., Jan 18, 2004

  2. Dave C.

    Clanger Guest

    some buyers may only have older spec printers/scanners etc that only have
    parallel input.

    + some (of my) CAD software is dongled and this plugs into the parallel port

    Clanger, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Dave C.

    George Guest

    Personally, I'd get it in case of future need...could be you'll want to use
    some special purpose printer or dongle protected software at some point and
    my guess is that it probably wouldn't be easy to add. (You'll probably have
    no open slots and it is probably a different motherboard.) How much would
    you save to have a less versatile computer?

    George, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Dave C.

    Dave C. Guest

    Good suggestion, the parallel port is in. I wish I had thought it out like
    that.

    Regards,

    Dave C., Jan 19, 2004