Need expert advise on concept ??

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guest, Mar 22, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Dear all,
    Dear all,

    I need to setup an application which is based on a 3 tiers layer located on
    the same machine as a first step but may be not in the future. I need to
    defined a loosly couple environement betwenn those layer and in addition to
    that I need to get asynchron communication between different .NET library of
    my own or am OEM application.

    The idea I get is to create a central component whcih will be in charge to
    create needed MSMQ and dispatch incoming message to proper library when
    needed.
    When the library receive that message then it does propre action like calling
    metod in data layer for storage.

    What is quite fuzzy actually for me is in which form this Comon message
    component can be created. As a window service ? as COM+ serviced component ?

    Should I go fo MSMQ or .Net remoting Asyncrhounous delegate
    What is the best approach, I ma really confuse ?

    An important point as well is that in case a message can not be process or
    process with an error I should be able to inform the application which has
    place the message on the queue

    Thnaks for all
    regards
    serge
    MCAD.NET

    Guest, Mar 22, 2007

  2. Guest

    Yoel Arnon Guest

    Hello Steve,
    In general, .NET remoting is a synonym of "tightly coupled". Since you
    mentioned that you are up to a loosely coupled solution, I would not go this
    way.
    As for COM+ (or enterprise services), it is good if you like the COM object
    model and if you have a strong need for transactions. It also supports
    asynchronous calls through MSMQ-based queued components, although error
    handling here may be a bit tricky.

    I would go for plain MSMQ (I may be biased, of course, because I was part of
    the team who wrote it :)). reporting errors / results back is done using
    response queues and admin queues.

    If you want your application to be protocol independent and you have .NET
    3.0, you may want to look at WCF (Windows Communication Foundation).

    If you have more specific questions, feel free to contact me directly.

    Hope that helps,
    Yoel Arnon
    www.msmq.biz

    Yoel Arnon, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Do you think that WCF could solve my requirement ?
    Would it be simpler ?

    The problem is that I know what I need but do not know which technology
    would apply the best becasue of lack in that part as I have never use such
    thing before, and now it seems that I have to go for that.. I need to be sure
    on the choice I will go for becasue I think it will be hard to come backwards
    afterwards...

    Any comemnts?

    regard
    serge