    anything off of it?!?!?!?

    Thanks,
    Mary Beth

    persephone61, Feb 6, 2004

  2. persephone61

    ICee Guest

    This is an international news group and is not associated in any way
    with Adelphia cable. Someone here (TINH) may be able to help you, but
    it would be best if you called Adephia cable in your area for help with
    your problem.

    Now that that's out of the way, how are you connecting the cable box to
    the VCR?

    ICee, Feb 6, 2004

  3. persephone61

    trout Guest

    As noted; your Cable provider is probably the best source of
    information about this. Maybe. It also depends upon what kind of set-up
    you use.
    Here's a discussion of a similar problem that may help:
    http://www.post-gazette.com/interact/20021017lindich1017p2.asp

    trout, Feb 6, 2004
  4. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Thanks for the Head Up, on my News Reader it just states that it is a
    24 hour help desk thingi, so I thought I'd take a chance....

    As for how I have it hooked up, I have my cable box going into my vcr
    and my tv also going in to the vcr, TO TV and and my RF Connection....

    Like I say hon, I'M DESPERATE!!!!!

    Thanks again,
    Mary Beth

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  5. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Thanks, I'll go look at the link right now!!!!

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  6. persephone61

    Richard Guest

    You should hook up the vcr directly inline with the tv and cable box.

    From the outside inlet, to the cable box with the main cable.
    Hook the cable box directly to the VCR.
    Now hook the VCR directly to the TV.
    Now the VCR will record the digital channels.
    If you plug the VCR in to the inlet into the house, the VCR will not record
    the digital channels.

    I did it that way with my digital cable and never had a problem.

    Richard, Feb 7, 2004
  7. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Richard:
    Thanks ever so much for the info, will save it, alas, I live
    in an apartment complex hence I don't have direct access to ANY other
    cable line other then that that comes DIRECTLY into my apartment, are
    you refering to the cable hookup via my wall outlet that the splitter
    is hooked up too?

    I also forgot to mention that I am getting Powerlink High
    Speed Net access via Adelphia also, so I am hooked up via splitter
    that is connected to my cable AND my Net.

    Get back soon, okey?

    Mary Beth

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  8. persephone61

    ICee Guest

    Hello again, Mary Beth. If you are still having problems recording, go
    to this site:
    http://www.sciatl.com/consumers/index.htm
    and click on the model of digital tuner you have. Adelphia usually uses
    the Explorer 3100, but it may be another model. Look on the front of
    the digital cable box for the model number. When you click on the box,
    it will take you to a page where you can download the User Guide. When
    you click through to download the manual, it will ask for your name &
    address. After entering, click on submit and you will be able to
    download the manual. It's in PDF (Portable Document File) format and
    will require that you have Adobe Reader installed on your system. If
    you don't have Adobe Reader, click on the Adobe Reader icon to download
    it, then install it. In that User Guide, on page 19, there is a diagram
    that shows how to hook up a VCR and TV to the cable box using coaxial
    cable. On page 22 is a diagram of how to hook them up using stereo
    patch cables.
    Don't forget that, if using coaxial cable, the VCR must be tuned to
    channel 3 or 4 (depending on the cable box), and that the TV must be
    tuned to channel 3 or 4, depending on the output channel of the VCR.

    ICee, Feb 7, 2004
  9. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Will keep ya posted!!!!

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  10. persephone61

    ICee Guest

    [snip]

    You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome! :)
    I'll keep an eye out.

    ICee, Feb 7, 2004
  11. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Hey hon:
    In my haste to get to the site and get some answers I forgot
    to mention to you tha I have General Instruments Digital Cable Box and
    their site was no help at all......

    Thanks anyway, hon,
    Mary Beth

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  12. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    I went back to look for GI cable boxes and it appears that Motorola
    bought them out it would appear, but, their support folks to me to get
    in touch with my cable company which I have emailed, I will have to
    wait and get a hold of their business offices on Monday.......

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  13. persephone61

    ICee Guest

    Wouldn't you know they used a different brand. However, the hookup will
    be exactly the same, in that the cable will attach to the 'Cable In'
    connector of the tuner. There should be a 'Cable Out' connector on the
    back of the tuner as well. A coaxial cable will connect from the 'Cable
    Out' connector of the tuner to the 'In from Antenna' connector on the
    back of the VCR. Another coaxial cable will connect from the 'Out to
    TV' connector on the back of the VCR to the 'Cable Antenna' connector on
    the back of the TV. Again, the VCR will have to be tuned to channel 3
    or 4, as the cable tuner uses one or the other channel as an output.
    The VCR will use either channel 3 or 4 as an output as well, so the TV
    will have to be tuned to one or the other, depending on the VCR.
    If you go ahead and download the Explorer 3100 manual, and go to page
    19, you will see what probably looks very similar to the tuner box you
    have, and the connections should be the same.

    ICee, Feb 7, 2004
  14. persephone61

    Richard Guest

    Yep. Where ever the feed cable enters.

    No problem. Connect the feed line from the wall, to the splitter, then run
    the modem of one connector, and the vcr off the other.

    I do the same thing here. The cable company supplied the main splitter.

    Richard, Feb 7, 2004
  15. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Okey I'll go back on the SA site and get the Explorer info!!!
    Thanks!!!!!

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  16. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Hey, Richard, I know where you're talking about now!!!! Will look at
    my setup--AGAIN and see what I can do, will keep ya posted!!!! Thanks
    again!!!!

    persephone61, Feb 7, 2004
  17. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    Richard:
    Just wanted to get back to you and let you know how the
    digital cable hook up went, well, I must have a REAL strange one cause
    alas the suggetstion didn't work, I have also received some more help
    from some other kindly folks as well as I found a page for Adelphia
    and how to hook up a converter box and be able to record a Premium
    Channel while watching a non-Premium channel, it involves an A/B
    switch, we shall see.

    Thank you, again!!
    Mary Beth

    persephone61, Feb 8, 2004
  18. persephone61

    Boomer Guest

    On the contrary. Bullis makes things up as he goes along. That it didn't
    work is no surprise at all.

    Boomer, Feb 8, 2004
  19. persephone61

    persephone61 Guest

    ...and the point being?!??!

    Richard was kind enough to offer some help to me, should as be no
    surprise at all is that others have also offered the same advice, if
    you have something better to add, please do, other then that.......

    MBM

    persephone61, Feb 8, 2004
  20. persephone61

    Boomer Guest