    The second PC upstairs has internet access, but I cannot access shared
    files on the PC's downstairs. Is there any way to pass DNS and file
    sharing (and printers) to that second PC?

    morrissc, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Hi
    By using ICS you add a second NAT and thus the sharing problems.
    If you use WinXP try Bridging as an alternative.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 29, 2005

  3. morrissc

    morrissc Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I do use Windows XP. I have tried bridging, but it does not seem to
    work correctly bridging the wireless to wired. It treats it as bridged
    from wired to wireless instead and since the wired is connected via
    crossover to the other PC, that doesn't do anything.

    morrissc, Nov 29, 2005
  4. morrissc

    Ryan Younger Guest

    Ryan Younger, Nov 29, 2005
  5. morrissc

    morrissc Guest

    I have, but the geek in me wants this to work.

    morrissc, Nov 30, 2005