    I need to know exactly what tasks are considered first, second and third
    line support and will be grateful for any advice on this.
    Thank you.

    M, Aug 24, 2007

  2. M

    Briscobar Guest

    Second line is whatever the first line doesn't feel like working on. Third
    is for motivated people who are "go-getters" and "self-starters" who "tow
    the company line" and "go the extra mile".

    HTH.

    Briscobar, Aug 24, 2007

  3. M

    Guest Guest

    Helpdesks and the lines of support can differ between organisations but as a
    general rule:

    1st Line = Call logging the initial incident accurately capturing all
    information
    2nd Line = initially dealing with the logged calls passed from 1st line
    according to severity and SLA's
    3rd Line = Escalated from 2nd line due to complexity, or sills & resources
    required to resole

    Slave

    Guest, Aug 24, 2007
  4. Tech Support Levels are defined by the Organization your work for. Simple as
    that. Some call Level one the "Home Que" Others call it something else and
    most companies have far differing views on the levels of what support goes
    in what level.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 24, 2007
  5. Sounds like an ITIL person - lol

    James Stoddard, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Am Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:17:05 -0400 schrieb The Rev [MCT]:
    Exact. At my last company it was like this:

    1st Level: First responder to calls, tries to solve the problem, decides
    wether to send a technician or to advance the call to 2nd level
    2nd Level: More spezialized personnell, only calls back customers to calls
    from the 1st Level
    3rd Level: Has never contact to end-users, only spezial support for few
    things and is as a problem solver the absolute spezialist for this
    products, responds to calls from the 2nd Level and authorised dealers, is
    the last point of knowledge in support before development department, stays
    in contact to developers, gives technical trainigs.

    This is also the most common definition of level support here in germany.

    _____

    Tom Kurpjuweit [MCSE:S], Aug 26, 2007
  7. M

    Guest Guest

    How would you explaine 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support compairing NVQ Levels in
    the UK regarding relavant work experience (Number of years, and level of
    experience ie 1st line entry level - 3rd senior level (management)etc

    Guest, Oct 17, 2007