Need Advise on 70 -340 ???

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guest, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    HI all

    I just go for my 70-330 exam based on security but I failed, got 610, I find
    it really tought by the way, I got a lot of question based on COM+ security
    and remoting..

    How should I approach my retry? I use the MS press book..
    I was using transender as testing but this test was too simple compared to
    what I get. Should I stay closer to the test of the MS press book ?

    One thing is hard also is to test Remote situation with COM+ served
    component from home as I have a single PC nothing else, so sometimes you need
    to admitt that its like this but I was not reaaly able to reproduce th
    situation in real and Labs in MSpress are all based on a single machine.

    HOw to approch my next retry ?
    thnaks for your help
    regards
    Serge

    Guest, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    Zdenek Drlik Guest

    serge calderara napsal(a):
    Hi,
    I use MS press book and passed 70-340 with 868 at July. I think the book
    is very good, but if you need more informations, try look at MS Patterns
    and Practices security related books (download them from
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/practices...library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/threatcounter.asp
    and
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/practices.../library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpmsdn.asp).
    If tou need to use more computers in labs, download and use Virtual PC
    2004 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx), it's
    completely free now. ;-)

    Zdenek D.

    Zdenek Drlik, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thnaks a lot...
    Congrates
    Did you et a lot of COM+ or remoting stuff when you pass it too ?

    Could you expklain me how do you proceeed in your case to aproach such
    practicce case ? I ma not familar with this virtual PC

    thnaks for links
    serge

    Guest, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Sorry another question...
    Does this pattern and practice is a book you can buy or only available for
    download ?

    Guest, Aug 18, 2006
  5. Guest

    Zdenek Drlik Guest

    serge calderara napsal(a):
    Using Virtual PC you can run another Windows (or other OS) in virtual
    machine running in your main Windows. So install Virtual PC, create new
    virtual machine and install WindowsXP/2003 into this machine. Then run
    it and it appears as another PC in your network - so you can communicate
    with it from your main windows as with normal PC. ;-)
    I have many questions abous COM+/Remoting/Web Services in my exam too.

    Zdenek

    Zdenek Drlik, Aug 18, 2006
  6. Guest

    Zdenek Drlik Guest