    popular, but it is a total mess.

    Anything simple (oh, and it has to be free, preferrably opensource).

    Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Atreju, Dec 27, 2007

  2. Atreju

    Meat Plow Guest

    Suggest Google "free imap daemon"

    Meat Plow, Dec 27, 2007

  3. Atreju

    why? Guest

    why?, Dec 27, 2007
  4. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    It will be going on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server.
    I'll take a look thanks.

    Atreju, Dec 27, 2007
  5. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    I'll try again thanks.
    Problem is google is dying. you put in "FREEWARE" and the first 10,000
    pages are shareware. Aside from that, the first few dozen if not
    sometimes hundreds of pages are only other search portals.
    I hardly ever use google anymore because they've let themselves become
    vulnerable to exploitation and they don't seem to care.

    I usually check nonags.com, sourceforge.net, and freewarehome.com
    because those sites immediately remove any payware whatsoever.

    I have not found anything sufficient on those yet, though... except
    like I said, Macallan which is a total mess. And it doesn't seem to
    work very well either.

    I'll keep hunting - thanks for the tip though - I hadn't tried
    including the word daemon "d'oh!"

    Atreju, Dec 27, 2007
  6. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    Just wanted to FUP let everyone know - Mercury Mail is fantastic. Made
    by the company that makes Pegasus. It is free for personal use and for
    commercial use the prices are quite reasonable. Easy setup and works
    beautifully and efficiently.

    Atreju, Dec 28, 2007
  7. Atreju

    Meat Plow Guest

    Thanks for the head's up. I happen to have a copy that I installed for a
    client years ago sorry I forgot about it.

    Meat Plow, Dec 28, 2007
  8. Atreju

    Plato Guest

    True...