Need a new guy

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by LRM, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. What?! I never learned to read!

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005

  2. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    It's YOUR LIFE that sucks, you just have trouble accepting it, and you'll
    I know it just sucks, I've got to take time off tomorrow to play a
    round of golf. So I guess it's up down and across for me then....
    Any idiot can 'program', that's why 'programming' roles disappeared
    way back. Few people though can engineer software , and that's the big
    difference.Yet companies are quite prepared to 'reprogramming'
    attempting to solve the same problem (without truly solving it) over
    and over again, and never learn. Still it's real funny just ask the
    FBI.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 18, 2005

  3. LRM

    kpg Guest

    Sure, if that's all you got.

    BTW: you seem to be the highly-intelligent-wacko-creative type
    (I mean that in the best way possible) check out weekendcomputer.com
    and tell me what i'm doing wrong (and right?).

    I'm sure I would value your opinion.

    PS: I know you don't work for FREE but I ain't paying, so there,
    I said it.

    kpg, Oct 18, 2005
  4. The rewards for your lucrative life of prostitution^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
    engineering -- you get to walk around on grass and hit a ball with a stick
    one day a week. And it took you how many years at an 'accredited university'
    to earn this priviledge?
    Oh, ok. Now, I get it. The 'big difference' between you and 'any idiot' is a
    choice of terms, 'engineering' and 'programming'.

    Well, I'm not just any idiot. Hey, wait a minute...

    Or is it this... Four years of your life to get a piece of paper, and you
    believe this differentiates you from 'any idiot'?

    Be careful with those FBI folks. One day they might team up with the people
    in Quebec. And if you have an MCSE... You're going to go to jail.

    Microcephalic S. "Oh, look! A free stick! I think I'll try to hit this ball
    in the hole. Wait, I'm underqualified to do that because I don't have a
    piece of paper." Bob

    I vote they legalize marijuana, and make college illegal.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  5. LRM

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Microcephalic S. Bob spewed across the
    ether:
    If you don't already work for them, I think they've been swiping your
    material. You're probably owed some royalties, but then, you'd have to hire
    a...uh...you know...hmmm...

    Oh, well, don't worry about it. Probably not much there, anyway.

    JaR, Oct 18, 2005
  6. No. I have a three liter of Big Fizz Cola. It was only 99 cents at the
    store. Would you like a glass of that?

    If not, I think there's a chicken sandwich in the fridge, but my friends mom
    took a bite out of it.
    You're just trying to get into my pants. But you don't have to lie to me to
    do that. I'll sell them to you if you really want them.
    I'll take a look. http://weekendcomputer.com/legal.htm - this page impresses
    me. What else do you want to know?

    I like the banner graphic. Swarthy angles going on.

    Honestly, the big problem with your site is you have a lot of structure, but
    no content. I'd take it all down to one page for now, and work something up
    word and picturewise about what it's all about, before I'd worry about
    populating a huge structure. Don't put links up to things when there's
    nothing there.

    In my own sites, I'm leaning more towards single page, all in one scenarios,
    so people will see what they are looking for, decide if they are interested
    in a product or service, and then buy or get out.

    Also, add some META tags, like keywords and description and register with
    the engines, otherwise no one will find you on the web.
    You would value my opinion, but you aren't willing to pay for it. Well, at
    least I know what my opinion is worth. Maybe if I keep expressing myself for
    another four years, I'll be able to walk on grass and hit a ball with a
    stick.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  7. You're right, I probably should sue them. But... well, crap... What's the
    use?

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  8. LRM

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Microcephalic S. Bob spewed across
    the ether:
    Hey, I get a lot of that. It just means I hang out with a bunch of cheap
    bastiges. I do get a bourbon & soda once in a while.
    Hitting balls with sticks is overrated anyway. Just between you and me,
    they let almost anybody hit a ball with a stick nowadays. Heck, even my
    cousin Bonnie walks around on grass and hits balls with a stick. (When
    she's not busy wavin' at Marines, that is)

    JaR, Oct 18, 2005
  9. LRM

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Microcephalic S. Bob spewed across
    the ether:
    Glad to see you taking it so well.

    JaR, Oct 18, 2005
  10. LRM

    Frisbee Guest

    I think I love you.

    Frisbee, Oct 19, 2005
  11. LRM

    kpg Guest

    Thanks. You provide some good thoughts.

    Some one should pay you that kind of insight.

    ;-)

    After several false starts I stole this layout from a composite of
    sites I liked. My problem is that to get html to do what I want is
    not natural for me. There are a lot of 'tricks' that must be employed
    to get something decent looking. I know the site is quite traditional
    in appearance, with its top, side and bottom navigation bars. A nice
    coordinated color scheme chosen with the aid the color wheel, but
    otherwise Plain Jane.

    My previous attempt was rather colorful and drew scorn from my wife:
    "I looks like your selling cotton candy" she said. So I toned it down
    and went for the conservative professional look.

    The links, of course, I was planning on filling out, but I will look
    into link-reduction therapy to see if I can keep the site to fewer
    pages.

    I think my top graphic is a tad too large and should be replaced with
    tradional html elements. I drew that graphic using VB6 in about 20
    minutes. Oddly enough, that is much eaisier for me than using some
    graphic program.

    I also thought a little intro animation would be nice, like the letters
    of the WECS logo zipping across the screen and settling into place,
    if it could be done in a low overhead and non-annoying manner.

    Anyway, Thanks again.

    Now get back to work.

    kpg

    kpg, Oct 19, 2005
  12. LRM

    Frisbee® Guest

    I hope it's disc golf and not that other, stupid kind.
    I used to have a self-esteem problem. Now I have a SERIOUS self-esteem
    problem. Thanks!

    Frisbee®, Oct 19, 2005
  13. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I used to have a self-esteem problem. Now I have a SERIOUS self-esteem
    nah, you know your stuff.

    Can you email me your thoughts on TermDOS? it's not for me you
    understand, seriously it's not!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 19, 2005
  14. LRM

    Frisbee® Guest

    Never heard of it.

    Frisbee®, Oct 19, 2005
  15. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Can you email me your thoughts on TermDOS? it's not for me you
    Fris, you know I can't spell....
    I meant TameDOS,

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 19, 2005
  16. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    The rewards for your lucrative life of prostitution^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
    I wish it was one day a week, one day maybe.
    It took about two weeks, after I sent the check, for it to arrive. I
    wish now I'd paid the extra five bucks and gotten the Phd......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 19, 2005
  17. Well, thanks for stating the obvious.
    If you really need someone to help work through this sort of thing, I could
    use some work.
    I like the oranges and purples.
    Just remember, people don't read on the Internet. They usually go to sites
    for about 10 seconds.
    Looks decent enough to me. I try to keep within the 640 x 480 scenario, but
    it's not fundamental. In my book, a horizonal scrollbar is the worst thing
    imaginable.

    Animation can rarely be done in a non-annoying manner. If it happens, it has
    to be smooth, and sophisticated.
    If there's some to do.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 19, 2005
  18. Fris.. just tell yourself that you're 'engineering software' rather than
    programming it. It's the same thing.

    And you're not just ANY idiot.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 19, 2005
  19. LRM

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Microcephalic S. Bob spewed across the
    ether:
    Not if you live in Quebec!
    He could be if he moved to Montreal.

    JaR, Oct 19, 2005