  1. LRM

    Neil Guest

    blocks the view of your toes. Try a belt...

    Neil, Oct 18, 2005

  2. LRM

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:
    Sadly, that's the way business is done.

    JaR, Oct 18, 2005

  3. LRM

    MitchS Guest

    Yeah, it's funny in my graduate level business classes not one book or prof
    has mentioned actually paying what an employee is worth and providing a
    somewhat decent work environment.
    Sometimes the health of the bottom line is not so obvious.

    MitchS, Oct 18, 2005
  4. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Yeah, it's funny in my graduate level business classes not one book or prof
    Hence the reintroduction of the slave trade, opps, I mean outsourcing
    to india....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 18, 2005
  5. LRM

    Jtyc Guest

    6. It's not hard to break into IT, it's hard to realize that IT is the
    You should write for despair.com.

    Jtyc, Oct 18, 2005
  6. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    6. It's not hard to break into IT, it's hard to realize that IT is the
    yeah but look on the bright side, one day you get to be dead :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 18, 2005
  7. LRM

    Jtyc Guest

    yeah but look on the bright side, one day you get to be dead :)

    on your death bed, you will receive total conciseness.

    So I got that going for me...

    Jtyc, Oct 18, 2005
  8. Are they hiring? I suspect it's a dead end job.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  9. You either install or uninstall software. Punch numbers into a machine. Have
    meetings with people less technical and make them feel comfortable about it.
    Or you don't. Your printer is jammed. The report on form I-14 is printing
    out in reverse chronological order. Jerry, could you please tell us why we
    can't connect to the houston database? We need to implement a new system for
    cost effective management jargon capitalization with growth potential in the
    private sector for our marketing division. In this process, we will require
    cross pollinating our sales force and empowering them with information
    necessary to sell things and look pretty.
    No. It's time to make more fake ones. The entire system could be invalidated
    if there were enough falsehoods. Of course, the lemmings will proudly march
    forward and proclaim that there's a better life over that cliff. You, sir,
    are the head lemming today.
    All jobs are 'a means to an end'. You work, you die. Welcome to life.

    Maybe you'll get a few spiffy things along the way, but you'll have spend
    your life in the process of trying to get them, and you'll spend your life
    cleaning them and defending them and insuring them and and and... They call
    them posessions because they posess you, not the other way around.
    If you are an MCSE, you are a criminal in Quebec.
    You'll still have to work.
    No such thing as good money, especially not if you are a lawyer.
    No such thing as a good paying job. The pay and the risk are always equal.
    And then, there's taxes, and tax law...
    Then there are hundreds of idiots wasting money on mail. Doesn't mean it's
    hard to break into IT. I broke into Microsoft. All it takes is a brain.
    Actually, those skills probably would be able to get someone an entry level
    position. If they were pretty, and they smelled nice.

    How many startup businesses can't afford some guy who charges $200,000 a
    year and don't need a system that runs on C++? How many startup businesses
    need a couple vb forms and a web page?

    None of the qualities of these 'days in the 90s' which you are
    characterizing as gone are gone. The world is the same place now as it was
    yesterday, and the same as it was before. There are just different
    attitudes.
    No, it has nothing to do with the individual. There's a system in place that
    has been designed to make everyone suffer. A cycle of insanity that no one
    escapes from. Welcome to it.

    Everyone dies, whether they have a degree or not. A degree is pointless. A
    person is not.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  10. LRM

    kpg Guest

    Microcephalic S. Bob <http://www.planetoftheheads.com/> said something like

    You sound bitter.

    Are you bitter?

    P.S. I will not read your reply - I have work important IT work to do.

    kp "its my yab" g

    kpg, Oct 18, 2005
  11. Your work is not important.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  12. LRM

    kpg Guest

    Your work is not important.

    I know.

    But it's all I have.

    kpg, Oct 18, 2005
  13. LRM

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Listening to your rantings, I guess your life must really suck.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 18, 2005
  14. Get something else.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  15. LRM

    kpg Guest

    Can I have your job?

    kpg, Oct 18, 2005
  16. Not really. My life is great. I just got a free whopper with fries, and a
    candy bar. I'm about to take a nap. I have no bills, I eat great food, my
    friends are fun to hang out with, no boss, and no one bitches at me if their
    keyboard drawer is opening Outlook. As long as I pretend it sucks, no one
    will notice, get jealous, and try to take it away from me.

    It's YOUR LIFE that sucks, you just have trouble accepting it, and you'll
    fight to the death pretending it doesn't.

    I've tried I.T. It isn't worth a degree to get a job programming and
    reprogramming and reprogramming computers. Bill Gates knew this, that's why
    he dropped out of college. Artificial Intelligence is no match for
    stupidity.

    To be clear... I don't really believe any of this stuff. I just like to
    type. One day, I will be a lawyer. Or a criminal. Or both. Or maybe I'll
    get a real job.

    "You'll be a dentist (you'll be a dentist)
    you have a talent... for causing pain! HEY!"

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  17. LRM

    kpg Guest

    Denial: Not just a river in Egypt.

    kpg, Oct 18, 2005
  18. LRM

    Neil Guest

    it's a freakin ocean...

    Neil, Oct 18, 2005
  19. You want to be the owner of the planet of the heads?

    http://www.planetoftheheads.com - head first into the future

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005
  20. LRM

    CBIC Guest

    and no one
    Thanks for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed it.

    CBIC, Oct 18, 2005