  1. Nick

    Jock Guest

    PLEASE: DO NOT FEED TROLLS!

    Jock, May 5, 2004

  2. Nick

    Nick Guest

    You people are all pathetic....

    I bet 2/3 of you work for the Comptia corporate machine....the way you just
    try and come up with those burns is just low...

    No wonder you're poor graduate students and "underpaid"

    Obviously lacking heavily in the social engineering department..........

    Kiss my ass...I just got a help desk job at a major university...they didn't
    even care about the certificate

    $40k/year and every class i can take is free for life.....

    Nick, May 5, 2004

  3. You should fit right in at that job. Most helpdesk workers seem to be the
    type that *would* try and forge an A+ certification, despite not even
    knowing how to turn on a computer.

    Patrick Michael, May 6, 2004
  4. Nick

    Nick Guest

    At least I know how to SHUT THEM DOWN!!! BOOOYAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    3y3 0wN y3w, Nigga!

    Nick, May 6, 2004
  5. It's strange they're not better informed. There is, or at least was, a
    web site set up for just that purpose.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 6, 2004
  6. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Some places don't really care...as long as you _can perform_ the job
    duties...

    Having something on paper is just a good way to CYA.......as in -->> cover
    yer arse

    Nick, May 7, 2004
  7. I doubt you know how to wipe your own ass.

    Patrick Michael, May 7, 2004
  8. You can simply go the web site, bring up your profile...oh, right. You
    don't have one yet.

    Why don't you just do the tests? Your first paycheque in that job
    would easily cover it.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 7, 2004
  9. Nick

    lglover Guest

    Patrick,

    I take offense to that helpdesk comment about forging an A+. I studied my
    ass off for it and got it the right way. That also goes with the other certs
    I have.

    lglover, May 7, 2004
  10. Nick

    Ghost Guest

    Do they have a class in ETHICS at that university???

    Ghost, May 8, 2004
  11. Nick

    David Hough Guest

    There is some pride in being able to be interviewed for a job and to
    look the interviewer in the eye, and confidently tell him that you have it.

    David Hough, May 9, 2004
  12. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Probably...but I have minors in political science and psychology

    eg, i lie with confidence and finesse

    Nick, May 11, 2004
  13. That's why I said "most helpdesk workers", and not "all." I'm sure you're
    great at your job, but for the most part, it's hapless idiots who wouldn't
    know their A+ from their C++. No offense intended!

    Patrick Michael, May 11, 2004
  14. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Hahaha...no offense taken...I'm not technically called "help desk"

    I'm a "technology analyst"...I get an office in the social studies
    department, an Alltel walkie-talkie phone with 2 phone lines, and 30 staff
    members who are my personal responsibility to make sure have computers that
    are running smoothly on the network

    And this just proves that you don't actually need to have the piece of paper
    to get the job....knowing your stuff is far more important

    I think my 4 year diploma was more important in this case, but they still
    said A+ and Network+ (or equivalent) was a requirement for this job...

    Nick, May 11, 2004
  15. Nick

    Pete Guest

    But why did you lie ?

    Pete, May 12, 2004
  16. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Because I don't actually have the certificates and they wanted copies of
    them faxed in...

    Nick, May 12, 2004
  17. sure, do you want my masters degree cert too?

    Fred Mathering, May 12, 2004
  18. I'll be sad when this thread goes cold.
    It's provided me with many laughs.

    J. Q. Etuo, MSCE 2003, A+ 2003, May 19, 2004
  19. Which thread would that be?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 19, 2004
  20. <BG>

    Well, yours is the third post to this thread, from where I stand. Not
    much to laugh at yet...oh, well...

    Did you here about the dyslexic insomniac athiest who stayed up night
    after night questioning whether there was a dog?

    She was just an electronics technician's daughter, but I couldn't
    resistor.

    I wanted to be a massage therapist, but I rubbed somebody the wrong
    way.

    I wanted to be a lawyer, but I couldn't pass the bar. Oh well...

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 20, 2004