    I'm not looking for a hot copy of windows, just a bootable CD so I can
    get to the drive and do what I need to do.

    Presto

    Anon, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Try Bart's PE;
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder

    Andy Barkl [MVP], Oct 9, 2004

  3. Try Knoppix .... http://www.knoppix.net/get.php
    by the time he set up barts he'll be an old man...

    You don't say, but what are you trying to retrieve i.e. size of files etc...
    Knoppix has a cd burner utilty and you should be able to mount your ntfs
    drives...

    «bonehead;\), Oct 10, 2004
  4. Anon

    Gary Guest

    TRY Acronis True Image for file recovery.

    Gary, Oct 10, 2004
  5. Anon

    me Guest

    you are wanting to get data off of an NTFS partition? Since you did not say
    what OS you are using, I am going to "assume" WIN XP Pro. Go to a working
    NTFS machine and using floppy disks make you an ERD (in Win2k) also known as
    a Automated System Recovery Disk in XP. You can make the disk using
    Start\All Programs\Accessories\system tools\Backup and choose Advance mode
    for backup and then choose to make the ERD/ARS you can then use the floppies
    to boot the drive and the floppies should contain the Recovery Console from
    which you can do basic functions such as copying files, rewriting the MBR,
    and various other repair functions. Hopefully this will help you out.

    me, Oct 11, 2004
  6. Anon

    Yeti Guest

    Yeti, Oct 12, 2004
  7. Anon

    G W Guest

    get 4 floppys and your cd and run makeboot from the run line

    G W, Oct 27, 2004