    Looking for a 17" LCD flat panel.

    Any thoughts on the NEC line in this size?

    Also what is DVI and do I really need that?

    me6, Jun 7, 2004

  2. me6

    ICee Guest

    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DVI.html (the first one).

    ICee, Jun 7, 2004

  3. me6

    Hamman Guest

    There are lots of better alternatives, Acer, LG, Samsung, Sony to name a
    few.
    Look at some in a shop to get a better view of them, looking at them on
    another monitor wont show you the picture quality.

    DVI = Digital Video Interface, designed to reduce interference on TFT
    panels, make sure your video card has the white rectangular slot.

    Hamman

    Hamman, Jun 7, 2004
  4. me6

    me6 Guest

    <--- You can't even comprehend your own words,
    Sheesh... is this what this news group has come to?!!

    me6, Jun 7, 2004
  5. me6

    billybronco Guest

    NEC lcd monitors are ok, nothing special, however, Samsung LCD monitors are
    very good quality and build.

    Samsung is soon to overtake Sony and others to become the best quality
    electronics manufacturer. They already have in Asia.

    billybronco, Jun 7, 2004
  6. me6

    nut Guest

    Mitsubishi/NEC make fine TFT's... although there are many others to
    consider.

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk is usually a good source for impartial reviews.
    Do you really need anything?

    If you can afford it, go the DVI route. If not, stick with VGA.

    nut, Jun 7, 2004
  7. me6

    me6 Guest

    NEC lcd monitors are ok, nothing special, however, Samsung LCD monitors are
    Well the thing that is that NEC panels seem to have
    very fast response times.... even in the low end
    models. That's basically why I was looking at NEC

    me6, Jun 8, 2004
  8. me6

    TT Guest

    I own an NEC 1760VM LCD that was top rated by computer shopper when I
    bought it last year. The controls are a little to hard to figure out at
    first(color temp/geometry etc...)because of the button configuration but
    once you get past that, it's a beautiful screen... I also own a Sony and
    a Samsung LCD for my kids PC's and they are fine too. The NEC is mine
    though and I wouldn't trade either of my kids for theirs...
    DVI is very cool as long as you have a digital out graphics card but
    not necessary at all...

    TT, Jun 8, 2004