NEC dual layer burner < $100!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 18, 2005

  2. ... and if you are a consumer, the consumer guarantees act would give you at
    least a year ... more like 2 or 3. Has to fit for the purpose and last a
    reasonable time. Comapnies are on their own :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 18, 2005

  3. thing

    cowboyz Guest

    jess thats cheap, but to make it worthwhile it has to get the crapTM award.

    cowboyz, Apr 18, 2005
  4. thing

    Nova Guest

    very nice price, is a 90 day warranty normal for optical drives?
    seems quite short...

    Nova, Apr 18, 2005
  5. thing

    thing Guest

    No, seems a feature of firstin....

    The Benq which can be found via www.pricespy should have a year....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Apr 18, 2005
  6. AFAIK, you cannot sign away your rights under NZ law ... it has been tried
    and it failed. :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 18, 2005
  7. thing

    thing Guest

    yes, I have been wondering just how well firstin would do with only
    offering a 3 month warrantee, I suspect they would fail....

    Unless they have some very fancy legalese that you have to agree to in
    signing away your rights.....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Apr 19, 2005
  8. thing

    JedMeister Guest

    You are covered by the consumer guarantees act.

    JedMeister, Apr 19, 2005
  9. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 19, 2005
  10. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 19, 2005
  11. thing

    CSE Guest

    I have had 2 NEC CD & DVD drives with no problems..

    CSE, Apr 19, 2005
  12. thing

    cowboyz Guest

    So they really are idiot proof then.