    is old and is only running Win98........ if anyone has any ideas on how I
    could find the right driver for this....... please post
    thanks

    don, May 22, 2010

  2. don

    Meat Plow Guest

    Did you try a translator? Got a URL?

    Meat Plow, May 22, 2010

  3. don

    Tony Guest

    Jap crap huh? Best advice is hurl the thing off the nearest cliff.
    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    the job for potty mouth,

    realm of understandability

    Tony, May 22, 2010
  4. don

    don Guest

    don, May 22, 2010
  5. don

    Meat Plow Guest

    Try the other poster's suggestion with Belarc Advisor. However when I use
    Google Chrome it asks if i would like to translate the page and it seemed
    to do a good job.

    Meat Plow, May 22, 2010
  6. don

    don Guest

    Thanks I got Belarc and I tried it on my WinXP and it worked great but when
    I tried it on the Win98 I got this RUNDLL32..exe error

    don, May 22, 2010
  7. don

    chuckcar Guest

    1. *double* check the connections for the audio jacks. Beleive it or not
    this *is* the most common cause of the sound not working.

    2. Put a commercial music CD in the drive and see if you hear music.

    3. If you don't, your sound card is dead

    4. Look in device manager (right-click my computer, left click
    properties and then the tab marked "Device Manager")

    5. In device manager do you have any yellow or red circles? If so, you
    have device driver problems

    6. *Try* opening up add/remove programs, and uninstalling *all* of
    multimedia, then check marking it and clicking apply to re-install it.

    7. If you get 5. Are you using the Operating system installed from the
    CD's you originally got from NEC or are you using something else?

    8. If none of this works, Try removing *all* unknown and unidentified devices
    *in* *safe* *mode* along with *everything* under multimedia and restarting.

    9. There *is* another thing that will work after this, but it is the single
    most complicated fix there is. Then there's just reinstalling 98. Not a bad
    thing to do ever year or so as windows *will* get corrupted in that time.

    chuckcar, May 23, 2010
  8. don

    chuckcar Guest

    Really SH? give me a message id then from the past week.
    Proove it.
    Exactly why I'm recommending the OP completely ignore anything you post.

    chuckcar, May 23, 2010
  9. don

    chuckcar Guest

    No, I ignored the trolls. There's a difference. If however the OP had
    asked, that would be completely different.

    I notice you didn't provide a message id however. So that means you were
    lying your ass off so you would *seem* to have credibility.
    Not in the way I explained it. *If* you *actually* think otherwise, you
    simply don't know what you're talking about.
    No, on the contrary, people have repeatedly told you to desist in your
    similar postings here. That makes *you* undeniably and without doubt
    nothing more than a troll. Whether you've simply lost your marbles or
    actually have a beef - that for some reason you can't state - I could
    care less. The result is the same: you serve *absolutely* no useful
    purpose here.

    chuckcar, May 23, 2010