    I just used the freeware demo version, but it's good enough to make me
    think about buying the version with the Photoshop Plugin.

    Bob

    bob, Dec 14, 2004

  3. I've got the PS plugin version, and on a Mac. The only limitation is
    that of the one making the settings.....

    John McWilliams, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Frank  ess

    Hunt Guest

    Similar experience. I used demo on a high-rez scanned 4x5 image and loved it.
    Bought the complete ver that day. One caveat, the plug-in will often run out
    of system resources in PS, even on a big workstation, with really big images.
    I've never had an image that shut down the stand-alone though. Maybe I need to
    try it on some triple-truck hi-rez monsters, just to see where its limits are.
    So far, I'm in love with it for both digital capture and film scans. Just did
    a 9' x 5' output and it looked great.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Frank  ess

    Bill Hilton Guest

    "Frank ess"

    Another vote for this program ... my wife photographed an Alzheimer's patient
    (a friend's mother) in a nursing home using available light (no flash allowed)
    and had to go to ISO 1600 to freeze the frentic movements of the patient ...
    the images were way too noisy to print 8x10" so I tried Neat Image and was
    surprised at how well it did at removing noise without blurring details.

    I bought the 16 bit version but almost wish I had sprung for the Photoshop
    plug-in now ... highly recommended, especially for the price.

    Bill Hilton, Dec 16, 2004