    particular exam or the testing site that I went to. If no one has ever
    heard of this before, than I will be sure to avoid that site in the
    future.

    google, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Why didn't you tell this to the exam proctor during the exam?

    To answer your question - no, it's not common. Consider using a different
    test center next time and please followup with vue or prometric about this.

    Congrats on passing, but I'd probably stop at that point until the problem
    was resolved.

    Leonid S. Knyshov, Oct 11, 2005

  3. google

    google Guest

    Well, yesterday I just attempted to take 70-291 and unfortunately I
    experienced the exact same problem -- at a difference site. This time,
    I failed with a 656. I believe that the questions that I did not have a
    chance to answer were the difference between passing and failing.

    Forunately (thanks to your advice) I called the proctor in to witness
    the problems. He filed a report, and I was able to reschedule the exam
    at no charge -- though it took a half-dozen phone calls and a lot
    bitching on my part, to finally get them to admit that I was cheated
    out of a fair chance to pass.

    The thing is, I took this exam at a different site and still
    experienced the same problem, so it seems this problem is not uncommon
    after all. Furthermore, it doesn't seem like anyone at either Prometric
    or Microsoft even care about this.

    I'm not looking forward to wasting another afternoon on an exam that I
    feel I already passed -- especially when I have every reason to believe
    that the same problem will appear again.

    google, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Well, yesterday I just attempted to take 70-291 and unfortunately I
    Sorry, but that's just bad luck. Heck, offer them to fix the network. :)

    I am taking my MCP tests at one very good facility (Unitek in Fremont, CA
    both Vue and Prometric in same building) and prior to that I took my Cisco
    and Sun exams at a facility in Mountain View that appears to be out of
    business. Never had an issue with this stuff and Cisco used sims earlier
    than Microsoft did I think.

    Call the test center next time before-hand and see if they have reported
    such issues.

    Good luck!

    Leonid S. Knyshov, Oct 19, 2005