    I've heard and read a bit of hype about NCQ (Native Command Queuing).

    Will this work with the 64-bit windows (MS Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition) or only with the 32-bit MS Windows XP Professional?

    Peter, May 16, 2006

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    will this work on VISTA?

    Peter, May 16, 2006

  3. Peter

    Rick Guest

    The only NCQ I have read about is a feature of SATA II hard drives and
    is not OS dependent at all. The major problem I have seen is that some
    SATA I controllers are not SATA II, and NCQ, friendly. Also, some SATA
    II drives will not work on those 'unfriendly' SATA I controllers until
    they are reverted to SATA I, either via software utility or jumpers,
    which turns off the NCQ.

    Rick, May 16, 2006
  4. Peter

    Rick Guest

    Rick, May 16, 2006
  5. There's a lot of hype, but reviewers aren't seeing any noticeable difference
    generally. That being said, it's not anything the OS does that enables or
    disables support for it. It's a function of the HD controllers and the
    drivers for same.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 17, 2006