NBX 100 over a Frame relay

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Robert Silvia, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. I have an interesting situation where I have a remote office located
    in California with our main office located in Georgia. Now both
    locations have a 3com NBX 100 and currently we are running 2 VTL ports
    over the internet (and yes this is horrible). We are considering an
    expansion of our current setup in that we would like for all traffic
    to run through our Georgia facility.

    So first and foremost I obviously need to expand my connection between
    the locations, for that I am considering a Frame Relay between the
    two.

    This is where I need advise:
    Should I keep the remote Call Processor and expand my VTL ports (NBX
    100 is limited to 8 Ports total and simultaneously), or is it
    plausible to run the phones in the remote office over the frame relay
    directly to our Call Processor here in ATL?

    The remote office will have 12 users, and with a coming release the
    3com NBX will support CS-ACELP G.729a, which may or may not be helpful
    depending on the delay and voice quality. I've been working with
    several contractors and NBX retailers locally but I would really
    appreciate an opinion other then theirs (as I feel they have not
    personally done this themselves).

    Thank you for your time,
    Robert Silvia

    Robert Silvia, Jan 13, 2004