NBX 100/3com VoIP phones over a p2p T1 w/a 2500 and 3600.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Phil J, Nov 1, 2004.

  1. Phil J

    Phil J Guest

    We have a point-to-point T1 connecting our corporate office location
    to our retail store location. Our retail store has housed our NBX 100
    for a while, and hasn't really had any probs.

    We're using a 2500 at the corporate office, and a 3600 at the store.
    We've attained IP connectivity between the two sites, and basic phone
    functionality works ok. However, I've come to understand some
    functions (ie, real-time clock updating and conference calling)
    require multicasting to be enabled.

    I'm *very* green both to this phone system as well as IOS. From what
    I understand, nobody did anything special as far as multicasting goes
    during the original implementation at the store, so I don't know how
    much management NBX NetSet does on its own...but could you kind folk
    help to steer me in the right direction? How much is this going to
    take on my part in IOS to get working? (One friend suggested I only
    need a 224.0.0.0 route between the two sites, but he's not sure on how
    exactly to implement it, and I've played around to no avail). I only
    know the very base of basics when it comes to multicasting and have
    never worked with any mcasting apps, and like I said, my IOS
    experience is very limited as well...so this could be a rough one.
    But TIA to any assistance offered.

    PJ

    Phil J, Nov 1, 2004