Nationwide BT Number Portability

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Gradwell, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. Peter Gradwell, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Peter Gradwell

    Jono Guest

    Jono, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Peter Gradwell

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Such a number is still a Telewest number and so would have to be ported
    from Telewest to Gradwell (not from BT to Gradwell).

    Paul Cupis, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Peter Gradwell

    Jono Guest

    Paul Cupis formulated the question :
    Tsk. I expected as much.

    Under existing porting arrangements, a port is only possible if the
    losing operator is able to take the number back at some point in the
    future. This is why you cannot take an ex-cable number (on BT) to a new
    property where there is no cable.

    I wonder what issues Gradwell have had to deal with to get to this
    stage!

    Jono, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Aaargh! If only it had been a week earlier... We've just moved house
    and had to tell everyone a completely new number, and I'm sure I've
    forgotten people.

    Stephen M Baines, Jun 24, 2006
  6. Peter Gradwell

    news.rcn.com Guest

    Well making that claim is all very well but what can you do about it when BT
    pretend to find some excuse to refuse to port the number to you? Will YOU
    make a complaint to OFCOM or tell the customer to do so?

    (BTW OFCOM say they wont investigate individual complaints. Meaning
    presumably that they will only investigate a generic complaint made by a
    telecom company about a refusal to port and supported by the individual's
    case facts)

    news.rcn.com, Jun 28, 2006