    Uhhhh, no.

    Maybe after I get to where I'm really satisfied with what I can do with
    my "real" cameras.

    Pudentame, Aug 14, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pudentame Guest

    I think some of the newer ones have SD memory cards too. I've had a
    couple of people come in to the lab recently with SD cards they said
    were from their camera phones.

    Pudentame, Aug 14, 2007

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Celcius Guest

    You know,
    Sometimes, when you're in a bind, you can do wonders with the tools at hand
    ;-)))
    Marcel

    Celcius, Aug 14, 2007
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pudentame Guest

    Use only one brush or only use a brush with one hair? ;-D

    Pudentame, Aug 14, 2007
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pudentame Guest

    Ok, that's it! You owe me a @#^&[email protected] keyboard.

    My old one's full of coffee now.

    Pudentame, Aug 14, 2007
  6. Richard Polhill, Aug 14, 2007
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pudentame Guest

    Yeah. I'm not putting down the people who use camera phones. I think the
    Clark website shows what a capable photographer can do with one. And I
    think a self-help book for those who want to become capable
    photographers with their camera phones is a good idea.

    But, I've invested a lot of time and money in the equipment I already
    have. A lot more time than money admittedly, but I do carry at least one
    camera with me all of the time.

    So, in a bind, I shouldn't need a camera phone.

    For me, pursuing the camera phone would just be a distracting tangent
    from what I'm trying to accomplish.

    Pudentame, Aug 14, 2007
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pudentame Guest

    Pudentame, Aug 14, 2007
  9. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Scott W Guest

    Of course he was limited, you might like what he could do within the
    rather strict limits but to say that the camera did not limit what could
    be photographed would be pretty far fetched. I will give an example, I
    like to photograph canoe races, there is no way I could get the
    photographs that I am after using a camera phone, such as this one.
    http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/83875180/original
    Now that might not be the kind of photo you like, you might like photos
    that are more artistic, but that is the kind of photo I like and like to
    take. There is no way I could have gotten that photo with a camera
    phone. What makes the photo for me is the captured expressions on the
    paddlers faces, to get that you need a long lens and a reasonable
    resolution camera.

    The list of things you can't do with a camera phone is a mile long, such
    as taking photos in low light, using available light.

    The best you can say is that some photographs can produce surprisingly
    good photos given the huge limits places on them by using a toy camera.
    This is nothing new, just look at the Holga.

    Scott

    Scott W, Aug 14, 2007
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    ray Guest

    either - depending on circumstances.

    ray, Aug 14, 2007
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Allen Guest

    I seem to recall that there are people who paint extreme miniatures use
    just that. I'm talking about images that must be viewed under a
    magnifying glass.
    Allen

    Allen, Aug 14, 2007
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Allen Guest

    I think that it should be mentioned that when the terrible tragedy
    occurred recently at Virginia Tech, none of the network news
    organizations felt shame or disgrace when they showed cameraphone images
    shot by students. They didn't decide that they wouldn't cover the story
    until their crews could get there with their professional equipment. Of
    course, there was the possibility that some student had wandered onto
    the scene with a dSLR and several lenses. My favorite childhood book was
    The Swiss Family Robinson, about a shipwrecked family tat was able to
    provide all their needs with what was on hand.
    Allen

    Allen, Aug 14, 2007
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    pico Guest

    Try this: "To cheapen the art of photography with digital is an injustice."

    Stupid, right? Depends upon where you come from, where you want to go.

    pico, Aug 14, 2007
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    pico Guest

    That NG puts out a book on low resolution images is ironic

    We will definitely be in hell if Arizona Highway starts printing cellphone
    shots done through the car window.

    pico, Aug 14, 2007
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    pico Guest

    That's the TRUTH! Gawd, it must really piss-off the Leica collectors, too.

    pico, Aug 14, 2007
  16. That's what I am saying: I go out to take a picture. It is not some random
    event that just happens.
    Of course not. What do I care what camera somebody is carrying (or whether
    somebody is carrying any camera at all).

    It is just my personal experience that having a camera when a random event
    happens is of no use to me. So I won't be carrying one.

    Philip Homburg, Aug 14, 2007
  17. They release a book showing how to get the most out of your gear.
    I remember you whining the same tune back when 35mm 'mini'
    cameras became fashionable. I still hear you bitch and moan
    that 4x5cm is _much_ too small a negative. I have eye witness
    accounts of your demonstration to jail Eastman for life for his
    process replacing glass plates with film in 1884. I have a copy
    of one of your speeches during election time ranting and railing
    against James Clerk Maxwell, who managed a colour photography in
    1861 (and the repeat performance against the Lumière brothers
    marketing Autochrome 1907). I I have an original copy of your
    "Letter to the Editor[sic]" to several magazines asking for
    expulsion of anybody using the witchcrafty calotype process in
    1840 instead of the Niécpe process (which just had lead to the
    higly treasonous daguerrotypie in 1839).

    I also read in the original papers of the time of you trying to
    tie the lens (developed around 1550) for the camera obscura to
    the devil in the Salem witch trials in 1692, but nobody believed
    you then either.
    To make money. What did you expect?
    A slap?

    I consistently get better images with (most) other peoples P&S
    cameras than they do themselves, even if I never has anything
    more similar than "has a lens and a monitor" in my hands.

    I also find that knowing your gear allows you to get the most
    out of it.

    I hearthily recommend you read (and understand)
    http://www.amazon.com/How-Photograph-Your-Life-Capturing/dp/1584792795
    amd friends.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Aug 14, 2007
  18. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Trolling again? Or do you think that a camera phone isn't a camera?

    Ray Fischer, Aug 14, 2007
  19. Hah! There's a concept!

    It seems ironic that (potentially) magazines are lowering resolution,
    where TV has increased it tremendously in the last decade.

    John McWilliams, Aug 14, 2007

  20. Wolf: You have been royally trolled, my friend. No chance now to spit
    out the leader, except through denial.

    John McWilliams, Aug 14, 2007