    "available" queue ?

    TIA

    Jas.

    JCVD, Feb 19, 2004

  2. TCP doesn't talk when it doesn't need to. You can have an established
    TCP connection and no traffic for extended periods, so you don't want to
    be too quick to break it by removing a NAT translation entry for lack of
    activity, hence 24 hours.

    [Snip]
    From the usage guidelines for the "ip nat translation timeout .." command:

    "TCP translations time out in 24 hours, unless an RST or FIN bit is seen
    on the stream, in which case they will time out in 1 minute."

    Martin Gallagher, Feb 19, 2004

  3. JCVD

    Hansang Bae Guest

    RST I can understand. But FIN is a two way conversation process. I can
    send a FIN and the other side isn't obligated to send one w/in a minute.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 19, 2004