NAT location and VPN termination location

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by K.J. 44, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. K.J. 44

    K.J. 44 Guest

    Hi,

    THis is how my network is currently set up. (for those of you who
    monitor this board often have probably seen it... :) )

    Router ---> Firewall ----> External NIC -----> SBS Server (exchange,
    2003 domain, ISA) <------Internal Nic<-----Switch/Workstations

    I was told that there is no way to do NAT and VPN termination at the
    firewall (Cisco ASA) because of ISA on the SBS Server. I was hoping
    to use ISA since it came with SBS however, I would rather use the ASA.
    Is this correct that I would have to do NAT and VPN termination at the
    ISA server to get Exchange and everything to work? Would I be better
    off simply hooking my server to the switch and turning off ISA?

    Router ---> Firewall ----> Switch ---->SBS Server & Workstations

    Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    K.J. 44, Sep 12, 2006