NAT Configuration question: verifying availability before NAT

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Sri, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. Sri

    Sri Guest

    Hi all
    I have a scenario in a test bed, which is summarized below.

    ---<RTR B>-----<RTR A>--------<PC>

    <hostA>

    a. I have a static NAT statement that converts a particular
    destination address of packets from <PC> to RTR B's IP address, that
    goes something like "ip nat outside source static <RTRB IP> <dest IP>".
    RTRB is RTRA's next-hop and host A is reachable from RTRA.

    b. It works fine in regular cases. I have to add a feature such
    that, if <hostA> is not reachable, the above NAT changes should not
    take place.

    Possible solutions:
    a. Is there a way using "verify-availability" and route-maps to do
    this. As you can see, host A is not the next-hop from RTR A?

    b. Is there any other way using either CDP or "IP SAA(rtr)" feature
    to do this?

    Thanks in advance
    Sri

    Sri, Jul 19, 2005