NAS and Radiator - PPP dialup authorization

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Aaron, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Aaron

    Aaron Guest

    Hello all.

    We are using Cisco AS5300 NAS with Radiator 3.6 for AAA.
    due to historic reasons, we have some modem dialup users without some
    attribute, namely...

    Framed-Protocol=PPP
    Service-Type=Framed-User

    If I enable "aaa authorization network default group radius" on the NAS,
    those users without the mentioned atttribute will get rejected as they
    are not authorised for PPP.

    Has anyone, or is it possible, to allow PPP service allowed by default.
    Either hard-coded on the NAS or have Radiator reply back PPP authorised
    even with the missing attributes?

    Thanks.
    Aaorn

    Aaron, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Aaron

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!
    Add a user in your radius file with username DEFAULT:

    DEFAULT User-Password = "UNIX"
    Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
    Framed-Routing = None,
    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
    Service-Type = Framed-User

    See section 6.17.12 and 13.1.11 of the radiator version 3.7 ref.html file.

    Kurt Jaeger, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Aaron

    Aaron Guest

    Thanks Kurt.