    generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
    me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
    that box??

    G. M. Watson, Mar 17, 2005

  2. G. M. Watson

    P Pron Guest

    You've set a challenge!

    No trace of it on Amazon.com at the moment, but it seems to have been
    there....

    Googling produced an Amazon link, which was broken. But the Google cached
    version of the unavailable Amazon page is at
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:BOVZs86EI70J:www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006Z2KXY%3Fv%3Dglance+warner+classic+comedy+box+dvd&hl=en&lr=lang_en

    The box is called " Classic Comedies Collection (Bringing Up Baby / The
    Philadelphia Story Two-Disc Special Edition / Dinner at Eight / Libeled Lady
    / Stage Door / To Be or Not to Be) (1938) "

    paul

    P Pron, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 17, 2005
  4. G. M. Watson

    Dave Garrett Guest

    That is weird - it seems to have vanished from Amazon. I preordered it
    there several months ago and received my copy a week or so ago.

    But it's still available at Deep Discount DVD:

    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=WBD069736

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Mar 17, 2005
  5. G. M. Watson

    Joe McC Guest

    The box set is considerably cheaper than buying the individual movies.
    Amazon are being naughty.

    They did the same with the Warners Gangster Collection too.

    Joe McC, Mar 18, 2005
  6. G. M. Watson

    Bill Coleman Guest

    Also at CD/Video Universe:
    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6816207&cart=236179921

    Bill Coleman

    Bill Coleman, Mar 18, 2005
  7. G. M. Watson

    Marion Guest

    I got mine at Sams Club at a good price.

    Marion, Mar 18, 2005
  8. I saw it at Sam's last week.

    Bill Vermillion, Mar 19, 2005
  9. G. M. Watson

    jayembee Guest

    I picked up my copy the week of it's release at BJ's Wholesale Club
    for, if memory serves, $45. Seems to me I saw other copies at BJ's
    just the other night.

    (For some reason, neither BJ's nor Costco seemed to get in the Classic
    Musicals Collection, though both had the individual releases of EASTER
    PARADE and THE BAND WAGON.)

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Mar 20, 2005