My Vintage Dream PC

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by GreenXenon, May 18, 2009.

  1. You take the plugs out to make it easy to turn when setting rocker
    gaps.

    Ahem A Rivet's Shot, Jun 14, 2009

  2. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    that's [no execute instruction] not a feature.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 14, 2009

  3. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    good grief, no.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 14, 2009
  4. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    krw wrote:

    'ey, krw!

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 14, 2009
  5. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    A double-index address calculation is real useful.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 14, 2009
  6. GreenXenon

    JosephKK Guest

    The closest i can come is my dad's 1958 model year import sedan that
    had a crank. It also had an electric starter that my dad rebuilt many
    times.

    JosephKK, Jun 14, 2009
  7. GreenXenon

    JosephKK Guest

    How odd, the published compression ratio on my car is 10.1 to 1, same
    as my motorcycle.

    JosephKK, Jun 14, 2009
  8. GreenXenon

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    Joe Makowiec, Jun 14, 2009
  9. GreenXenon

    Peter Flass Guest

    Sorry, I tend to think there's only one, even though I know about the
    other one in CA. Saratoga Springs, NY.

    Peter Flass, Jun 14, 2009
  10. Yes, and if you run low octane gas through the life of your car, it
    will wear faster than with a higher octane number gas.

    It was an IROC limit. :)

    But 9.5 is pretty close to 10. :) Motorcycles are a different story.
    They have different thermal management schemas.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 15, 2009
  11. GreenXenon

    ~alan HDX~ Guest

    11

    ~alan HDX~, Jun 15, 2009
  12. Our family acquired a Peugeot 403 in 1959: I have never
    figured out my father's logic in buying the car, but it stayed
    with various family members into the 300,000 mile range.
    The car had a combination tire iron (three-lug nuts per
    wheel) and crank, which was meant for timing adjustments,
    not for handcranking, but could be used for handstarting.

    The Peugeot 504 which my father bought close to two
    decades later had the crankcase hole, but no crank,
    other than the tire/jack iron.

    As to Citro�n: the wheel-lugs on the XX-19 series were
    just a single-nut (I hope, that as the Peugeot, they
    were oppositely-threaded). I do remember a crankcase
    hole on those models, let alone on the Traction-avant(s).

    Family loyalty to BMW was when the Citro�n dealer
    who had sold my father his BMW 2000 TiLux offered
    an even trade for the first Citro�n-Maserati that
    Hoffman Motors had gotten into the country (this
    whole episode is just before the more stringent
    regulations (which had nothing to do with the
    safety of the automobiles, but had everything to
    do with the accessories business lobby)).

    Bruce B. Reynolds, Trailing Edge Technologies, Glenside PA

    (who during this period was programming on one of thos
    misplaced 360/67s)

    TrailingEdgeTechnologies, Jun 15, 2009
  13. GreenXenon

    FatBytestard Guest

    You're an idiot, Terrell.

    FatBytestard, Jun 15, 2009
  14. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    Why don't you simply do what I suggested instead of arguing.
    Look up what a /L does.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 15, 2009
  15. GreenXenon

    FatBytestard Guest

    A much better fix. Many modern HDs have bad track maps stored in them
    and are specific to the platter stack they were set up with.

    FatBytestard, Jun 16, 2009
  16. GreenXenon

    FatBytestard Guest

    Nice unsubstantiated, peanut gallery mentality comment.

    WHAT have you heard?

    Mine runs fine. Vista has run fine for over three years, and W7 has
    been running fine for several months now. You nay sayer retards are
    idiots.

    I love it how folks that have ZERO actual experience with things
    expound on them like they actually know what is going on.

    You do not.

    FatBytestard, Jun 16, 2009
  17. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    You are more than annoying. A directory of the file
    doesn't give you an idea of how the EXE will be mapped
    in core.

    I have been helpful as best as I can. I've answered your
    question. Why you cannot comprehend that there is no
    precise answer is beyond me. I'm beginning to think
    that you are asking just to be a RPITA.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 16, 2009
  18. GreenXenon

    jmfbahciv Guest

    Sigh! Any release that revamps the file system smells like
    trouble. and that's based on lots of experience. Even a
    little twiddle of a bit causes undesired side effects.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Jun 16, 2009
  19. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to give a range. The
    biggest I saw was xxx, the smallest was yyy.

    -- Patrick

    Patrick Scheible, Jun 16, 2009
  20. And don't forget Eaton Rapids, Michigan, aka "The Saratoga of the West".

    Obviously this was a nickname coined when 1) Michigan was "the West",
    and 2) any town wanted to be known as the Saratoga of anything.

    Michael Wojcik, Jun 16, 2009