My upgrade from evaluation to full went well...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Larry Hodges, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Ok, upgrade went reasonably smooth. I upgraded from within Windows rather
    than booting off the CD. Chose the option to upgrade from there.

    The one issue I had was when prompted for my nForce mobo drivers. For those
    of you without a 2nd computer, make sure you DL the drivers and unzip them
    on a CD before upgrading. Fortunately, I have other workstations, so I
    created a CD on one of them.

    The other issue was that during the installation of the mobo drivers, the
    USB won't work until the driver installation is complete. Which means...if
    you have your keyboard and mouse plugged into USB, you're sunk. I had to
    dig up the USB / PS2 converters that I had deep in my junk drawer so I could
    reboot and be able to click through the installation.

    Otherwise, all is well.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Mar 7, 2006

  2. Yes, I remember the day. Surprisingly uneventful here as well. The process,
    though, is the same if you do it by Booting off the CD, or from inside
    Windows, your chosen method saves you from seing the option to do the
    'repair install' since that is what is happening anyway when the machine
    re-boots.

    Your reminders are timely - in fact, this is what everyone should
    immediately do when they bring home that machine and have taken the decision
    to go 64bit.

    Greetings.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 8, 2006