    Server configured in it's TCP/IP configuration (if it answers, it doesn't it
    goes to the second one in the list) for an answer and that's it.

    Please don't flame me.

    Spin, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Spin

    Mike Easter Guest

    How do you like pictures/diagrams? Compare and contrast 243 w/ 244.

    http://snipr.com/kw71t Figure 244: Recursive DNS Name Resolution
    http://snipr.com/kw733 Figure 243: Iterative DNS Name Resolution

    From the TCP/IP Guide - DNS Basic Name Resolution Techniques: Iterative
    and Recursive Resolution

    To me, what is most useful in that 4 page discussion at the guide is the
    4th page about the realworld -- "As you can see, recursive and iterative
    requests can be combined in a single resolution, providing significant
    flexibility to the process as a whole. This is demonstrated in a more
    realistic example in the topic detailing the DNS name resolution process.
    <link>"

    Mike Easter, Jun 26, 2009

  3. Spin

    Spin Guest