  1. RichA

    Guest Guest

    its initial price was too high.

    Guest, May 12, 2014

  2. RichA

    philo  Guest

    I looked at other auctions and see that my price was high so I lowered
    it a bit.

    philo , May 12, 2014

  3. RichA

    philo  Guest

    I saw my friend yesterday and he was aware of that.

    He said he put a flash on the camera and though it was not a tight fit,
    figured that it was snug enough that there was not much chance of it
    falling off.

    philo , May 12, 2014
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    65

    PeterN, May 12, 2014
  5. RichA

    philo  Guest

    If that's true I still have two months to go...

    when I hit 65 I guess I'll just be known as an adult who never grew up

    philo , May 12, 2014
  6. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : In article <>, Robert Coe
    :
    : > : Well, it did not sell so it looks like I will still have it as a backup
    : > : camera, eBay automatically re-listed it and since there is no charge for
    : > : the listing I might as well try one more time.
    : >
    : > You'd think someone would want a used 50D. It's a good camera and hasn't gone
    : > totally obsolete yet.
    :
    : its initial price was too high.

    Maybe in retrospect, but I didn't think so at the time. But I did end up
    buying a lens a didn't need in order to get it a few weeks sooner. :^(

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 14, 2014
  7. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On 5/11/2014 9:08 AM, philo wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >
    : > * a kid is anyone under 50
    :
    : 65

    75. And even that doesn't make me a kid. :^|

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 14, 2014
  8. RichA

    Guest Guest

    i was talking about his ebay auction, not what you bought.

    any ebay item that does not sell has an initial price that's too high.
    that's how ebay works.

    on the flip side, if an item is priced too low and with a buy it now,
    it sells very quickly, sometimes in less than one minute of posting
    (i've seen some at under 30 seconds).

    Guest, May 14, 2014
  9. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Not necessarily. The price is too high for the bidders who find the
    listing. Re-listing the item at the same price may result in a sale.

    Tony Cooper, May 14, 2014
  10. RichA

    Guest Guest

    and it might not.

    if it was priced lower it wouldn't need a second try.

    not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
    lower final sale prices.

    Guest, May 14, 2014
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Huh!
    That statement needs some explanation.

    PeterN, May 14, 2014
  12. RichA

    Guest Guest

    no it doesn't.

    Guest, May 14, 2014
  13. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Is there any subject in which you are not an expert? Or claim to be?

    Tony Cooper, May 14, 2014
  14. RichA

    Guest Guest

    not even a good diversion.

    Guest, May 14, 2014
  15. RichA

    PAS Guest

    Yes it does, unless you either cannot explain it or won't admit to making a
    mistake b saying it in the first place. The highest bid wins, how does the
    sale price get lower than the highest bid?

    PAS, May 14, 2014
  16. RichA

    Guest Guest

    Yes it does, unless you either cannot explain it or won't admit to making a
    mistake b saying it in the first place. The highest bid wins, how does the
    sale price get lower than the highest bid?[/QUOTE]

    i didn't say the sale price is lower than the highest bid.

    read what i wrote, or better yet, learn about the psychology of bidding.

    Guest, May 14, 2014
  17. RichA

    PAS Guest

    i didn't say the sale price is lower than the highest bid.

    read what i wrote, or better yet, learn about the psychology of bidding.[/QUOTE]

    I think you need to read what you wrote.

    PAS, May 14, 2014
  18. RichA

    Guest Guest

    I think you need to read what you wrote.[/QUOTE]

    i know what i wrote. you need to read it again.

    the goal for any ebay user is to maximize selling prices and minimize
    buying prices.

    i don't know what part confuses you. what i wrote is very clear to
    accomplish the former.

    Guest, May 14, 2014
  19. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    nosense is not particularly adept at providing comprehensible posts.
    His usual defense of an incomprehensible post is "read it again".

    He is evidently suggesting that in an auction-style listing, that high
    initial bids scare off other bidders so the bidding doesn't progress
    to a higher figure.

    That, of course, is a grab-his-ass type of statement. It could only
    be determined by a fairly long-term study of the same, or a very
    similar, item being offered at auction. And, you pretty much need for
    the items to be listed by the same vendor because the sales appeal of
    the ad has to be similar. The starting price would also affect the
    results.

    nosense's psychology of posting of posting stuff like this is "You
    can't prove me wrong, either, because you don't have a long-term
    study".

    It wouldn't pertain to the sale of a used slr camera body because
    there aren't going to be enough datapoints for the same or similar
    products and the vendors will mostly all be different.

    Tony Cooper, May 14, 2014
  20. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    H can't even explain what that statement means, or his factual basis.

    PeterN, May 14, 2014