my thoughs on 70-315

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by kneet, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. kneet

    kneet Guest

    Hi there,

    Yesterday I passed 70-315 with a 800 score... I got a lot of usefull
    information from this newsgroup so I figured it would be nice to do
    something in return :)

    First of all, I'm a Dutch guy so I got the advantage of 30 minutes
    extra not-native-english-speaker-time (which I didn't use btw)

    First a bit of background information:
    - This was my first MCAD test
    - I'm a modestly experienced developer, that is, about a year and a
    half of hands on experience with .NET
    - I took about 2 months to prepare. Lets say an average of 1 hour per
    day
    - I used the Kalani book as a preparation guide
    - I took various (free) practice tests on the internet
    - I didn't use braindumps

    The first thing i noticed when i was taking the exam, is that none of
    the practice tests I took accurately represents the style and
    complexity of the questions you are presented with on the real exam. I
    think you can't really 100% prepare yourself with all the slight
    variations they can come up with.

    I think the questions come in 3 groups

    Simple and straightforward (20%). These questions do resemble the
    simple questions in the practice exams.

    Complex(60%). Lots of reading involved here. It's simple to rule out 1
    or 2 off the anwsers. But then you have 2 or 3 possibilities left
    which look very similar at first glance.

    Off-topic(20%). A small group of questions seemed a little of topic. I
    think these are meant to test your overall insight. You can't really
    prepare for these.

    I hope this information was useful ;)

    Regards,
    Rene

    kneet, Jul 31, 2007

  2. kneet

    Cerebrus Guest

    Good boy ! ;-)

    Cerebrus, Jul 31, 2007

  3. kneet

    kneet Guest

    I thought it would be worth mentioning because 8 out of 10 questions
    here are about where to find braindumps :p

    kneet, Jul 31, 2007
  4. kneet

    Cerebrus Guest

    Then that is a sad statement on the state of the IT industry, as well
    as the moral standards of the current lot of IT professionals, who
    have no qualms about devaluing everyone's certifications by cheating.
    Personally, though, I think that number has reduced considerably.

    This is precisely why CertGuard was born. To rid the IT world of this
    evil !

    Cerebrus, Aug 1, 2007
  5. kneet

    Wendy Guest

    Hi Congratulations!

    May I ask you the format of the 70-315 test, all are multi-choice questions?
    Are there any lab simulations? How many questions in how many minutes?

    Thanks,

    Wendy

    Wendy, Oct 25, 2007
  6. kneet

    MCSDwanted Guest

    This is really helpful. Thanks

    MCSDwanted, Nov 28, 2007
  7. kneet

    Wendy Guest

    Hi this is very useful. May I ask you the total number of questions and
    timeframe? What is the passing score, say 70 or 80%?

    Thanks,

    Wendy

    Wendy, Nov 28, 2007
  8. kneet

    Alan T Guest

    Is that the BOL? Or what is the title of the book?

    Alan T, Dec 3, 2007