My settings change by themselves

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jul 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I have customized my settings. Several time a week, my settings change.
    Fonts and their sizes are different, shadows under icons are no longer there,
    the size of buttons and scroll bars change, etc. It happens while my
    computer is doing different things and even when it's been idle for 1/2 hour.
    I've save My Favorite Theme but after my settings change and I click on My
    Favorite Theme, it doesn't change things back to my settings. The biggest
    problem with this happening is that all characters on the keyboard have
    different spaces, for lack of a better word. An example, albeit a bad
    example, is that if I typed the word "different," it could look like di f f e
    ren t.

    I've run many anti-virus/malware/torjan/worm/spyware programs, in regular
    mode, in Safe Mode and in Safe Mode with Networking and the results show that
    my computer is clean.

    Is there a specific reason why my settings would change? What would cause
    the characters that I type to have a strange placement orientation?

    I've run Everest Home, HD-Tune, MemTest, and CPU-Test and except for a very
    slow rate when copying or moving files, everything else was good.

    Guest, Jul 14, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The only remedy for this problem and other problems that I was having with my
    X64 os was a reformat. I no longer require a fix for it, unless it starts to
    do it again but, since no one responded with a fix for it, there is probably
    is none, except a reformat.

    Guest, Jul 27, 2007

  3. Guest

    XS11E Guest

    I read your original post and have to assume (yeah, I know!) that
    nobody had/has a fix. I can only make one suggestion, since the
    problem might be malware if it comes back take a look at an on line
    scan, I've had good results with Panda AV. You can go to
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm and click on the
    "Scan my computer now" link.

    On line scanners have at least one advantage over others in that they
    are updated constantly, it may have been updated only minutes before
    you start your scan.

    Having scanned and nothing having turned up the other suggestion I
    could make is to check your video driver and make sure you have the
    latest from the manufacturer's website. DO NOT DO THIS unless the
    problem occurs, updated drivers can fix problems or can sometimes cause
    problems.

    XS11E, Jul 27, 2007