My profile not responding after changing mouse pointer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Aug 3, 2005.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi

    I'm running Windows XP Home. I changed the mouse pointer to an animated
    cursor (on my profile, I'm currently logged onto the family profile as I'm
    unable to access my one).

    I selected the animated cursor in the Mouse Properties (which isnt really a
    big file, 32x32 pixels with 4 frames) and then I clicked on "Apply". As soon
    as I clicked on it, the PC ran very very slowly. It wouldn't respond, except
    for every 5 seconds or so, it would respond for 1 second then stop again for
    a while.

    When I logon to other profiles/accounts on this PC it's all fine. But when I
    try to logon to my one, that keeps on happening. Ever since I clicked the
    "Apply" button to change my mouse pointer. My profile is password protected
    and the files aren't accessible from other accounts on the PC.

    Is this a common problem and can it be fixed? Can I change my mouse cursor
    without logging onto my profile?

    Any help is greatly appreciated! Thankyou!

    Daniel, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Daniel

    Stickems. Guest

    Try a restore to an earlier date.