    Likes Received:
    0
    will any onecan help me? when i turn off my computer,it will suddenlyn restarted.even if i didint push na restart button.it always happens.when i try to shtudown my pc.it will shutdown but unfotuantely after 2 to 3 seconds.it will restarted,.

    emerson, Oct 15, 2006

  2. emerson

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    What operating system are you running? If you have 98, ME or XP:

    - run "MSCONFIG" (Start > Run > msconfig)
    - click the "Startup" tab, and disable everything.
    - click OK, and reboot the system
    - when it restarts, choose "Shutdown" and see if it will shut down.

    If that works, you'll need to figure out which startup item is causing the issue (it may be a combination).

    If that does not work:

    - run msconfig again
    - click on the "Services" tab
    - put a checkmark in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    - click on "Disable All"
    - reboot the system
    - then try to shut down again

    If that works, boot up and start enabling services, one at a time. Reboot, and then shut down after checking each one till the machine no longer shuts down.

    This is a VERY LONG process, but it may help you identify the program or service that may be causing the problem.

    If none of this makes any difference, re-enable everything. You may have to start checking the hardware.

    Hope it helps,

    Jimmy

    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006

  3. emerson

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006
  4. emerson

    nanquanmama

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Besides the problem with the software itself, you also have to make sure that your mainboard and other kinds of cards are plugged in tight enough. I met this problem. Hope it could help.

    nanquanmama, Oct 17, 2006