my old hardrive is now an external usb, but i cant acces my documents

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by walkslow, Mar 5, 2008.

1. walkslow

walkslow

when trying to start my computer I had an error message which i couldnt fix no matter how many tutorials and different ways i tried. dell gave me a new harddrive, but i need to access my old files.

it was recommended to me that i try getting a case for my old harddrive, and then hooking it up to my new one and using it like a removable usb drive, so that i can access my files that i need for school as well as my photos etc. but when i go to access my documents folder, it says i "cannot create or erase file: access is denied" please make sure the file isnt full or write protected". is there any way around this?

please help, you will help me out huge

walkslow, Mar 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. walkslow

ron_genum

We both have the same problem previously, i just don't understand how did you make it as an external device, in my case i just try to set it to another hardrive as a slave and recoverd all needed files then reformat my hard drive

ron_genum, Mar 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question