My new 'toy' arrived!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JohnO, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    Now I understand everyones excitement and all the posts about the Canon 10D
    .... WOW!

    I recieved mine Tuesday and despite that the sun has not shown since and
    much of the last few days have done nothing but rain I've still managed to
    get out and play with my 10D.

    Thanks to everyone for posting about the 10D ... you convinced me!

    Just a few resized samples ... nothing special but I'm on the learning
    curve (albiet the beginning) and just getting the feel for this fantastic
    camera.

    These were using the 28-135 IS USM

    http://www.riview.com/g233145f.jpg

    http://www.riview.com/g233143f.jpg (not a great shot but look to
    the left)

    I think both of these were with the 75-300 IS USM

    http://www.riview.com/g233179f.jpg

    http://www.riview.com/g233200f.jpg

    Thanks! Now where is that sun?????

    JohnO, Jul 24, 2003

  2. JohnO

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Thanks for sharing the pictures. I was sitting here, going through r.p.d.
    and mentally questioning my decision to drop a lot of money on a 10d in the
    next week or two. Then I read your post, and was reminded why I've decided
    it's worth it.

    PTRAVEL, Jul 24, 2003

  3. JohnO

    BG250 Guest

    Actually, I like the sea shots with the grey skies, very moody!
    bg

    BG250, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Randall Ainsworth, Jul 24, 2003
  5. JohnO

    Mark M Guest

    Very nice images.
    The color and mood in your sunsets are excellent.

    Mark M, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Very nice images.
    Thank you. I'm looking forward to doing some portraits soon.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 24, 2003
  7. JohnO

    EDGY01 Guest

    The real test is with blown up prints. Have you tried that yet?

    dan

    EDGY01, Jul 25, 2003
  8. The largest I've had made are 8x12s and they look great. Just
    looking at those it should do 16x20 easily and 20x24 if taken with
    care.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 25, 2003
  9. JohnO

    Todd Walker Guest

    JohnO, can it be? You and I owning the SAME CAMERA? I just ordered my
    10D about an hour ago. Say it isn't so!!! ;-)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 25, 2003
  10. JohnO

    Mike Fields Guest

    You must be on the east coast --- could you PLEASE send
    some of that rain back out to the west coast ... Please ???

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Jul 25, 2003
  11. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    Yeah, but I can't figure out how to put these darn Memory Sticks in
    without them falling out. The floppy went in a little tight but I can't get
    it to record the files are so big! Where's the plug for my Sony flash? I
    also miss the click, click, click of the floppy drive.

    It's a great camera, Todd ... have fun with it.

    And just to let you know and not to worry ... I'm keeping my Mavica (why?
    I haven't figured that one out yet) so we can still argue :)

    JohnO, Jul 25, 2003
  12. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    If I could, I would be more than happy to, I'm sick of being damp
    Last year my yard was a dust bowl by this time. Now it looks and feels like
    a tropical forest. Not sure which one I prefer ... maybe somewhere in the
    middle?

    JohnO, Jul 25, 2003
  13. You must be on the east coast --- could you PLEASE send
    I'm on the coast of Washington (Aberdeen). Not much rain
    lately...it's been pretty warm for these parts. I had to wait for an
    overcast day to take the rain forest shots.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 25, 2003
  14. JohnO

    Mike Fields Guest

    Yeah, I am in the Seattle area -- it is hot and dry. Lots of
    forest fires. Also lots of "thoughtful" (NOT) smokers
    throwing their butts out the window and starting the fires
    in the grass along the freeway. I think they said this is going
    to be the driest July on record at this rate. It has been
    dry enough that when it does rain I'm likely to run out with
    my camera and take a picture of it -- us Washingtonians
    get frightened when it is dry this long !!

    Mike Fields, Jul 25, 2003