My Network Places | Entire Network ??

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Rush, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Rush

    Rush Guest

    I have computer "A" with XP home and a D-Link wireless USB adapter
    It connects (wireless) to a D-Link router
    The router connects to the outside (Internet) via a cable to a cable modem

    Computer "B" has SP pro and is connected to the router mentioned above via a
    cable
    Both systems are exceptionally clean (spy/ad/mal/virus) and are very well
    maintained and are up to date just short of SP2.

    Both connect to the Internet just fine
    I've run the Network Setup Wizard on both
    Both share printers just fine
    Both belong to the same group - "MSHOME"
    Windows firewalls are disabled on both
    Both can see and share folders if I share them on one computer and then do
    an Add Network Place on the other (and fill in the blanks)
    This works both directions - "A" to "B" \ "B" to "A"

    However - - - The following happens on both computers . . .

    When I go to My Network Places | Entire Network | and click on - Microsoft
    Windows Network it takes about 30 seconds to find Mshome
    If I click on mshome the system pauses for about 45 seconds and then errors
    out to:

    "Mshome is not available. You might not have permission to use this network
    resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not
    available"

    I am the sole, administrator, user of both systems.
    I know the Entire Network has worked in the past because I've used it many
    times.

    Does anyone have any ideas, clues as to what may have happened?

    Thank you very much

    Rush, Sep 21, 2004