My LCD runs in windows only. No BIOS, NO cd boot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cipix, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Cipix

    Cipix Guest

    Hello

    I got this weird problem from some days

    When I start the computer, my Samsung LCD is turned off, if I turn it
    on, it will go to sleep and turn off again.
    It only turns on while in Windows login.

    SO, I cannot boot from a cd, I cannot access BIOS Setup anymore :(

    it'l like it hasn;t got any signal except when in Windows. I unplugged
    the tv out cable... I thought it has smth to do with this.

    I dont know what to do anymore (

    Cipix, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Cipix

    lee houston Guest

    determine if the problem is your monitor or the video output
    of your computer:

    1. Try your monitor on a DIFFERENT computer.

    2. Try a different monitor on your computer.

    3. Try posting to USENET in a 'Plain Text' format?

    lee houston, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Guess there is no change when you press the "auto adjust" button on the lcd
    monitor while in bios or dos?
    Looks like something went haywire. If you have onboard graphics and some
    additional graphic card, try the onboard output as well.
    Try another monitor, and another computer on your monitor, in bios or dos
    mode.

    Walter Mautner, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Cipix

    Guest Guest