    What do they give me?
    I also heard about MVP, what exactly is that, and how does one get it?

    Mykas0

    Mykas0, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Mykas0

    Darrilgibson Guest

    The real value in the certifications is in how your employer (or
    future employer) value them.

    I work on a contract where over 50 IT professionals have been brought
    in to manage every aspect of a very large network. The customer
    requires eveyone to have certain certifications and you wouldn't even
    be interviewed without the required certifications. Over the years,
    I've had several opportunities open up for me because of certain
    certifications I've had.

    Certifications don't necessarily get you jobs, but they often get you
    interviews. During the interview process you're able to show what you
    really know.

    MVP isn't a certification but instead a recognition by Microsoft for
    individuals that share their time and energy. This page will tell you
    more:
    https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx

    Good luck on your exams.

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    Mcitpsuccess.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    Darrilgibson, Nov 14, 2007

  3. Mykas0

    Marc Guest

    Great! In the present day market I have to duck and hide not to get any
    unwanted jobagencies to try to talk me into an interview .....

    Hence better read an extra book on the experiences you already have, then
    studying for an exam which sometimes teaches you details you will never use
    in practise.

    Marc, Nov 19, 2007