    and reinstalling firefox but that made no difference. Up untill this point
    it had worked flawlessly.

    Thanks for any help. -Pat

    Pat, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Pat

    someone Guest

    I have user_pref("messenger.throbber.url", "http://www.cnn.com/");
    in my user.js file (that Thunderbird uses) and have no problem

    Rob (Win XP Tbird & FF ver 1.0) Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    someone, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    As a follow up, I finally resolved the problem by creating a new profile.
    However, when I first copied over all the bookmarks, cookies, signons, etc
    from the old profile, I ended up with the same issues. I finally discovered
    (through process of elimination) that the localstore.rdf was the problem.
    So with everything copied over except this, everything worked as expected.

    Hope this helps someone.

    Pat

    Pat, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Pat

    someone Guest

    It helped me Pat, localstore.rdf is a file I've never had to fool with.

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx

    someone, Feb 6, 2005