My experience with exams for MCSD for .NET(C#)

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Changgyu Oh, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Changgyu Oh

    Changgyu Oh Guest

    I gained my MCSD for .NET in 20th May, 2005.
    Since I've been using Visual Studio .NET and MSSQL2000 for 4 years, exam was
    not that difficult.

    Questions for programming were somewhat easy. Some ADO.NET question such as
    DataSet, DataTable, DataView, and etc and questions for event driven
    programming were fairly easy. However I've learn a lot of security,
    configuration, and deployment concepts while I prepared the exams.

    If I were a test provider, I would change a exam styles of 70-315 ,70-316,
    and 70-320. I think it's good idea to give questions based upon scenarios
    like 70-300.

    For preparation of MCSD, I used MS Self-Paced Training Kit. Before taking
    exam, I made sure that I read it at least two times. Also I solved all
    questions in the books, and made sure I understood all of them.

    C.G.

    Changgyu Oh, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Changgyu Oh

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    Congrats, I have a few questions for you. Hope you coud help me out.
    I've been using VS & SQL 2000 for the last few years also.

    i)The MS Self-Paced Training Kit you used, are you talking about the 4 books?
    ii)Did you write any prep/mock exams?
    iii) Are the exams based on multiple choice or defnition memory test or just
    problem solving using coding?
    iv) If I passed some exams from MCAD, can I use those exam credits towards
    MCSD? for example 70-316.
    v) What other resources did you use to prepare for the exam?
    vi) How long was the whole process take? From the first exam to the last one?

    Thanks!

    Guest, Jun 14, 2005