    played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba TV set.
    Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs on
    Toshiba equipment?

    elektra2, Aug 1, 2004

  2. elektra2

    Impmon Guest

    Pretty much *all* DVD player can play NTSC and PAL and output in
    desired format. It's the region you need to worry about, not the
    format.

    Impmon, Aug 1, 2004

  3. elektra2

    unclejr Guest

    Posting a Toshiba model number would nice in order to corroborate or
    refute your observation.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Aug 1, 2004
  4. elektra2

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    This is most certainly not true, at least not in the U.S.

    Joshua Zyber, Aug 1, 2004
  5. I don't know what Toshiba the OP is talking about, but my SD-4900 plays
    both NTSC and PAL DVDs.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Aug 1, 2004
  6. elektra2

    Impmon Guest

    OK not quite all but those I've played with does have NTSC and PAL
    support. That's like 7 different DVD players altogether.

    Impmon, Aug 1, 2004
  7. elektra2

    ML-78 Guest

    Considering Toshiba sell lots of PAL-equipment I would think many people
    have.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Aug 1, 2004
  8. elektra2

    MyWay Guest

    MyWay, Aug 1, 2004
  9. elektra2

    unclejr Guest

    My SD-1700 (purchased in 1999), unfortunately, plays only NTSC R1 DVDs. :-(

    -Junior

    unclejr, Aug 2, 2004