My digital camera is haunted..HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim & Lil, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    Hello...I have a Digital Kodak camera DX3900 I got a few years back as a
    Xmas gift from my wife....I sincerely LOVE the camera and have enjoyed all
    the photos that I have taken...
    I have recently taken a few photos that I really can't understand....
    I recently took "progression pictures" of a large 8 ft wing span radio
    controlled airplane I was building as have plans on continuing the photos
    until the aircraft was built...I was examining the photos and I see a round
    white colored object in the photo with a center that is certainly not what i
    had seen when I snapped the shot...it was so perfectly round.... Then this
    morning I had to shoot the sleet type rain that we had early in the
    morning...all the percipitation had fell....but wanted to take a photo of
    what was lying on the driveway...I got this same round thing off to one side
    of my camera the size of a hardball.

    BTW I have all these photos and can send to anyone...I really want to
    know.
    I got surfing the net and was told they are 'orbs'? And have something to do
    with the afterlife etc?

    So I get surfing on the net and they tell me how to take photos...IE:
    over your shoulder and then... I stepped outside tonight and took a photo
    with a flash in the dark at the base of my apple trees and there they were
    again...only now two of them....

    What are these 'Orbs" ???....most say they are of some kind of afterlife
    energy that I have captured on film....I wonder if I need my head checked?
    BTW...this is certainly something that can not be obtained
    consistantly....but I have 4 photos taken...(3 TODAY) that depict this....so
    before I check myself into a clinic for the mentally insane....can anybody
    offer me any insight to this phenomenon?
    Thanks so much....Jim

    Jim & Lil, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Jim & Lil

    Todd Walker Guest

    This "phenomenon" is dust in the air being illuminated by the flash on
    your camera. I guarantee you will never see them in non-flash shots. The
    flash is very close to the lens which causes the light to bounce off the
    dust particles and right back into the lens. It's common and not at all
    mystical or otherworldly.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Only get your head checked if you believe that stuff. See
    http://www.civex.com/IMG_0207.JPG
    for a photo my wife took with flash, and
    http://www.civex.com/IMG_0208.JPG
    for the photo with flash off. (Handheld, it's kinda blurry, but that's not
    from aliens, okay? :->) It's the blue and green that is the alien, not the
    dust.

    Phil Stripling, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Jim & Lil

    Matt Arnold Guest

    I got surfing the net and was told they are 'orbs'? And have something to
    do
    Orbs :) They're caused by dust & flash (or bright IR illuminator beams if
    you're using a nightshot video camera). Nowt to do with the afterlife.

    As they say "What a load of orbs".

    Cheers,
    Matt Arnold
    Go further with your Fuji cam: http://www.camerashed.co.uk

    Matt Arnold, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Jim & Lil

    FOR7b Guest

    Orbs :) They're caused by dust & flash (or bright IR illuminator beams if
    Are you 100% sure you are correct or is that just your opinion? :)

    FOR7b, Oct 15, 2003
  6. Jim & Lil

    Omega Guest

    Omega, Oct 15, 2003
  7. Michael Bartlett, Oct 15, 2003
  8. Phil Stripling, Oct 15, 2003
  9. Jim & Lil

    George Kerby Guest

    You REALLY need to work on your Photoshop skills! That's awful!

    George Kerby, Oct 15, 2003
  10. Jim & Lil

    Omega Guest

    It's not edited

    Omega, Oct 15, 2003
  11. Jim & Lil

    George Kerby Guest

    Right! And I'm Santa Claus.
    Those bottom two truffles look like bad UFO photos from the '50s.
    The dark background where they are "attached to the tree" shows through like
    a bad chromakey weatherman on a rural UHF television station. You need to
    have cleaned it up better.

    George Kerby, Oct 15, 2003
  12. Jim & Lil

    Omega Guest