    my taskbar and my computer has slowed down. I mean my taskbar has
    virtually disappeared!!!!!!!!!

    Ricky

    Ricky, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Ricky

    ICee Guest

    Courtesy of °Mike°:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    ***************************************

    After you have used the malware removers, scan your
    system with AT LEAST two of the following -- do NOT
    trust AVG:

    ICee, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Ricky

    Ricky Guest

    Thanks for the tip Icee I knew I saw Spybot Search & Destroy and
    Ad-Aware somewhere it was on my Netguide CD i've got to get it installed
    now :) :) :)

    Ricky, Apr 10, 2004
  4. Ricky wrote:

    <snip>

    It's choking on all the damned exclamation points.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2004
  5. Ricky

    ICee Guest

    You're welcome. Be sure you update both before you scan. Also, check
    to see if there is an updated version of the program itself; there may
    be an older version on the CD.

    ICee, Apr 10, 2004
  6. Ricky

    Ionizer Guest

    Do you have the Blaster worm perhaps?
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html
    If so, you'll need to activate your firewall so that you don't immediately
    get re-infected, then use the Symantec removal tool, and then apply the
    patch Microsoft offered many months ago.

    Ionizer, Apr 10, 2004
  7. Ricky

    Ricky Guest

    The Patch that Microsoft gave months ago i remember it but when they
    sent it to me my Norton Antivirus thought it was a virus so it deleted
    it and every time it comes back my Antivirus deletes it. Idisabled it
    but some how it still got deleted!!!!!!!!!

    Ricky, Apr 10, 2004
  8. Ricky

    Hywel Guest

    Did Microsoft send the patch to you by email?

    Hywel, Apr 10, 2004
  9. Ricky

    joevan Guest

    LOL
    Microsoft does not send updates by email. Norton deleted whatever you
    got in the email because it was a virus.
    Go to Windows update for your files.
    joevan

    joevan, Apr 10, 2004
  10. Ricky

    Ionizer Guest

    Microsoft never sends patches via email. This is where you go to update
    your system and get all the critical patches:
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp I do hope that this
    will not be the first time you have visited that site. When you get there,
    temporarily disable your antivirus and install all the critical updates.
    Many people find that they have fewer problems doing so if they apply each
    patch one-at-a-time.

    You *are* running a firewall now, right?

    Ionizer, Apr 10, 2004