    Event ID: 1002
    Date: 2005-11-09
    Time: 09:35:16
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVERNAME
    The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.

    - When I go to "Disk Management" he stay at "connecting to logical disk
    manager service", after waiting 10-15 minutes I see my disk details.

    I don't have APC software on the server.
    The DNS was OK.

    Someone have ideas?

    Thanks

    David

    , Nov 9, 2005

  2. The Prophecy Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a 5 Server Windows 2003 standard with the same problem.
    >
    > - The server is very slow to boot, approx 10-15 minutes.
    >
    > - When I click on "my computer" icon, the explorer window don't
    > display the drive list (the explorer window stay blank) and when I
    > close the window, explorer.exe crash.
    > Event Type: Information
    > Event Source: Winlogon
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1002
    > Date: 2005-11-09
    > Time: 09:35:16
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: SERVERNAME
    > The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
    >
    > - When I go to "Disk Management" he stay at "connecting to logical
    > disk manager service", after waiting 10-15 minutes I see my disk
    > details.
    >
    > I don't have APC software on the server.
    > The DNS was OK.
    >
    > Someone have ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > David

    If explorer.exe is crashing and generating error reports, a repair install
    of the OS is needed. The slow boot up could be explained by the lack of a
    defrag. Have you defragged any of those servers in the last 6 months?
    --
    Windows XP -
    A 64 bit upgrade to a 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on

    The Prophecy, Nov 10, 2005