    registry, systray, anti virus and textbridge (I use this a lot to scan
    documents by OCR)
    Would be very grateful if anybody can assist?

    Kevin Speed, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Kevin Speed

    Rob Guest

    Try
    CLosing the "MyComputer" window.
    Shutting down by clicking start, shutdown
    Restart.

    Rob, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Kevin Speed

    JabberSmith Guest

    Also check for a shortcut in your Startup folder that points to "My
    Computer" (Delete it if you find it to stop the open on boot)

    JabberSmith, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Kevin Speed

    °Mike° Guest

    Folder Options / View ...
    Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

    Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

    Make sure that no Windows are open when you close down
    or reboot, as Windows can remember that they were open
    and reinstate them on bootup.

    Check that the following registry key is equal to zero:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    DesktopProcess = 0x00000000 (0)

    Check the following registry keys for entries that might
    initiate a window opening:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

    Also see:
    Windows Explorer Starts When You Start Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q228502

    The complete list of startup locations in Windows
    http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec022402.html

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2003