    Anyways, here's a couple pics. And you better believe a guide for it will be coming soon enough :p
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just incase you were wandering it's a 16x4 LCD and only cost me $15 AU off good ole eBay. 16x2 displays cost as much as $30 AU at places like Jaycar and Dicksmiths (similar to RadioShack).

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 29, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer go Jaycar!!!!!!, electrus is better (u haven't heard because they are a distrubuter, just a bit better then Jaycar prices)
    Looks good, dont expect it to have custom characters man, it might not...
    I will get you some more picture when i get my camera back tomorrow :D
    heres one for the moment, i got my MO LCD for 40 AU and its a 20 x 4 :D serial too :D, i am looking at getting a Graphic one next :D
    [​IMG]

    unholy, Aug 29, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Hey nice one :D
    And custom characters? Do you know of a program I can use to get/make custom characters so I can do multi block symbols like that ATi logo?
    EDIT: I found JALCD and I love it, does the job.
    Also I did some ghetto style mounting and after a couple mistakes this is what I ended up with :?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    For now it will do the job for LANs and stuff until I have the time to make a proper mounting.

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 29, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Looks cool.
    i am going to mount a graphic LCD into a CD Drive, i am looking at getting a colour one :D connection it up to VGA or just RCA... but the LCD will cost a Pretty Penny :|

    unholy, Aug 31, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I like the AMD logo in the first two pictures.

    bigal, Aug 31, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Cheers mate, it's in all 3 too ;) Just hard to see in the last one :( Took me a little while to make but it was worth it.
    unholy, a graphic one would be awesome to do :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 31, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    the AMD logo is in LCDC... its in there some where if i can remember correctly.
    I found a good looking one for 50 bucks... i will look into them before i get it, to check on response time and speed of connection (for picture animation ) :D

    unholy, Sep 1, 2005