    spirit's name?

    Thanks to a Ghost Busters...

    Gil

    skypeeper, Oct 17, 2007

  2. skypeeper

    dwight Guest

    When you connect the camera via the USB cable, it should launch the "Canon
    EOS Utility" window. From the Main Window (if necessary - View > Main
    Window), choose Camera Settings. This should launch a little window that
    looks like the display on your camera.

    In the lower right are two icons - a camera and what looks like tools. Click
    the tools. First line on the subsequent pop-up is "Owner's Name".

    dwight
    (Now... this assumes that the EOS Utility that came with your XTi is the
    same as with my XT...)

    dwight, Oct 17, 2007

  3. skypeeper

    Yuki Guest

    If you connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable, Canon EOS Utility
    allows you to edit the owner's name field.

    Probably there are other programs too.

    Yuki, Oct 17, 2007
  4. skypeeper

    Matt Ion Guest

    It also assumes you've installed the Canon software...

    Matt Ion, Oct 17, 2007
  5. skypeeper

    skypeeper Guest

    I've installed the CD, but have never used the USB cable to connect
    the camera. I've always opted to remove the CF card, and use my PC's
    card reader to dump the images. Thanks for all your help. I shall make
    the USB connection and check out the Tools..

    Thank you!

    Gil

    skypeeper, Oct 17, 2007
  6. skypeeper

    Dave Cohen Guest

    For my model the canon software is zoombrowser and the only time I ever
    use it is to set the username. Figure if ever there was a dispute over
    ownership it might help. However, for reasons I haven't figured out the
    data doesn't stick over a long period and I haven't used the reset menu
    item.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 17, 2007
  7. skypeeper

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:05:49 -0700, skypeeper wrote:
    :
    : > I've installed the CD, but have never used the USB cable to connect
    : > the camera. I've always opted to remove the CF card, and use my PC's
    : > card reader to dump the images. Thanks for all your help. I shall make
    : > the USB connection and check out the Tools..
    : >
    : > Thank you!
    : >
    : >
    : > Gil
    :
    : For my model the canon software is zoombrowser and the only time I ever
    : use it is to set the username. Figure if ever there was a dispute over
    : ownership it might help. However, for reasons I haven't figured out the
    : data doesn't stick over a long period and I haven't used the reset menu
    : item.

    I believe it doesn't survive firmware updates, of which the XTi has had three
    this year.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 18, 2007
  8. skypeeper

    Chip G. Guest

    Do those firmware updates require a PC, or can a Mac be used?

    Chip G., Nov 2, 2007
  9. skypeeper

    Robert Coe Guest

    : In article <>, Robert Coe
    :
    : > I believe it doesn't survive firmware updates, of which the XTi has had three
    : > this year.
    :
    : Do those firmware updates require a PC, or can a Mac be used?

    I believe you can do it on any machine that can write to a card reader.

    BTW, my statement quoted above was in error. Both my XTi and my wife's
    survived the 1.1.1 firmware upgrade without losing the owner's name.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Nov 2, 2007