    1st MCSD in 1997
    2nd MCSD in 2000
    3nd MCSD Today

    Kyle, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Kyle

    Kyle Guest

    Turn back the clock, ...

    3 Required Exams:
    -- WOSA I (Windows Operating System & Architecture I)
    -- WOSA II (Windows Operating System & Architecture II)
    -- VB 4.0

    1 Elective:
    -- Microsoft Access & Developer Toolkit

    When I first got my MCSD in 1997, there were no more than
    3000 people had it.

    Kyle, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Kyle

    The Rock Guest

    holy cow... You are the TRUE MCSD of the world!

    The Rock, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Going for my third as well; making me feel old :-(

    WOSA; now that's a flashback! And SQL 6.5! Or was it 4.2 <g>.

    Congrats!

    Leigh Kendall, Sep 6, 2003
  5. A newbie! I was one of the first 1,000 WOSA MCSD's.

    Since then I've noticed a steady decline in the reputation of the Microsoft
    certifications. Incidentally, I was at Microsoft's centre in Reading, UK a
    couple of weeks ago and got speaking to one of the guys working on win2k5.
    He said that Microsoft are in the process of preparing an overhaul of their
    whole certification process which will include new "premier" MCSD/MCSE
    tracks which will require passing of lab/project based exams (like Oracle
    and Sun currently do). This "new track" will only be available to certain
    people, i.e. Microsoft partners or consolutants.

    Andrew J Warren, Sep 7, 2003
  6. Kyle

    Kline Sphere Guest

    A newbie! I was one of the first 1,000 WOSA MCSD's.

    So was 1,000 or so like us!
    True, braindumps and so called practice exams, which encourage the
    memorizing of the answers without understating the questions, have
    seen to that.
    Would be good if true, but I can't see Microsoft doing this as it
    would be an admission on their part that their certification process
    is flawed.

    Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2003
  7. Kyle

    Kyle Guest

    Nice to see some good people in this newsgroup.

    very cool!

    Kyle, Sep 8, 2003
  8. Kyle

    Kyle Guest